Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck man and congrats.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Congrats, quitter!
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Hells yeah! Congrats.

I feel bad just for drinking on the weekends a lot of times...glad I'm not facing the same battle as you. Best of luck!
        That's the thing. I haven't really felt bad about it in a long time. I got myself into trouble a few times as a kid, but I try to be responsible anymore. No DUI's, no lost jobs, no debts, etc. But I know it's borrowed time before it catches up to me, and I know I've neglected a fair amount of responsibilities/being an adult because of it. (No DUI'S?, No lost jobs? You're not supposed to, you low expectation having mother fucker!)
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Good to hear that man, best of luck to you.

Comment

congrats forrest. you got it whipped bro. talk to that amg dude on here he needs some guidance.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              congrats forrest. you got it whipped bro. talk to that amg dude on here he needs some guidance.

god bless.
              AMG or AMJ?
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Nobody likes a quitter

Comment

Found a new strain, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    AMG or AMJ?
                    Either or

God bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Found a new strain, didn't you?
                      nah... haven't been partaking, but my buddy did suggest a high CBD tincture for anxiety

I'd like to be more sober than not, but the main thing I DO NOT WANT is to drink...

I'm not wanting to partake because it can make me anxious, and anxiety is a DEFINITE trigger to drink... last thing I want right now.

But high CBD taken orally is supposed to be not so heady and more body. I may try a baby bit to see what it does for anxiety at some point, but for now I'm enjoying not being anxious without any medicine.

Comment

Grats man. I'll get my "whiner's chip/18 month" the 25th. It's the longest I've been sober since I was 16.

We who self medicate, be it with booze or illicit drugs, are forced to learn how to deal with stressors or triggers that caused that felt need to medicate when we choose sobriety. It's been challenging to say the least, but one of the greatest pleasures as well.

Keep it up man! You'll appreciate the sober life more than you thought possible.

Comment

Congrats man, glad to hear it. I've never been as heavy a drinker as I think most people assume, but I definitely enjoy drinking, and went off the deep end for awhile after the divorce with partying it up. Since this year started I've dialed it pretty far back, not really because of a need to do it, I just realized I was tired of it and not getting much out of it any more. I'm maybe drinking a few times a month, if that. People are surprised at parties to see me with a bottle of water or a coke. If I really feel like it, I'll drink, but most of the time I don't. With all the back and neck problems I've been having and the meds it was just a good idea to scale it back anyway, and I was already headed down that road.

I don't know how much of an actual difference it has made, and it might be a lot to do with it finally cooling down, but I'm also a lot more inclined to get out and exercise lately. Since I've started keeping weird hours being off work so long, it's nice to get out into the cool morning air at 4am and go stroll around The Ballpark with no one around.

Keep it up man, and hell, don't be afraid to have one here or there, but really think about if you actually want it before hand. There isn't anything wrong with enjoying yourself, but I agree, at that level you were just asking for trouble, even though you're a big dude. LMK if you need anything.

Comment

Congrats.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Congrats man, glad to hear it. I've never been as heavy a drinker as I think most people assume, but I definitely enjoy drinking, and went off the deep end for awhile after the divorce with partying it up. Since this year started I've dialed it pretty far back, not really because of a need to do it, I just realized I was tired of it and not getting much out of it any more. I'm maybe drinking a few times a month, if that. People are surprised at parties to see me with a bottle of water or a coke. If I really feel like it, I'll drink, but most of the time I don't. With all the back and neck problems I've been having and the meds it was just a good idea to scale it back anyway, and I was already headed down that road.

I don't know how much of an actual difference it has made, and it might be a lot to do with it finally cooling down, but I'm also a lot more inclined to get out and exercise lately. Since I've started keeping weird hours being off work so long, it's nice to get out into the cool morning air at 4am and go stroll around The Ballpark with no one around.

Keep it up man, and hell, don't be afraid to have one here or there, but really think about if you actually want it before hand. There isn't anything wrong with enjoying yourself, but I agree, at that level you were just asking for trouble, even though you're a big dude. LMK if you need anything.
                              Honestly Eric? That one or two is where it all starts... Whenever I've taken lengthy time off of it (I think almost 2 years at one point... a month or few here or there) and had a beer or two, I get a hot flash and don't particularly enjoy the first one or two... And it tricks me into thinking "meh, I've got this... I don't even really enjoy it like I used to. I can do this whenever I want.

Well... I've been doing it whenever I want for about 8yrs now, and I'd like to see how 8yrs without it feels and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                Honestly Eric? That one or two is where it all starts... Whenever I've taken lengthy time off of it (I think almost 2 years at one point... a month or few here or there) and had a beer or two, I get a hot flash and don't particularly enjoy the first one or two... And it tricks me into thinking "meh, I've got this... I don't even really enjoy it like I used to. I can do this whenever I want.

Well... I've been doing it whenever I want for about 8yrs now, and I'd like to see how 8yrs without it feels and go from there

That's cool, too, man! Whatever works for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X