200-375ml and 2-7 beers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200-375ml and 2-7 beers...

In the span of about 3-4hrs. That's what I've called "getting right" so that I could sleep till 6-7AM, put in a long day and do it over. Been doing it for many years

That's been my avg nightly consumption for as long as I can remember (which doesn't go back too far! LOL) Weekends and "festivities" ramp up quickly from there.

I took 3 days off a couple months ago, and I took about 10 days off the summer before.

Longest I've taken off in 8yrs was the month I spent in Egypt.

I'm cursed with being a happy drunk, not throwing up even when I kill a handle in a day, and not having horrible withdrawal symptoms... don't get me wrong, it ain't all teddy bears and cartwheels, but for the amount I consume, it's not like I'm seeing pink elephants or having seizures.

I've also NEVER given myself a pass and missed a day of work. When I was working for other people I never had a breakfast beer. I always considered it "paying the piper" to man up and put in 12-18hrs working through a good hangover (of course rewarding myself with drinks that evening to get right!)

But after a pretty wild Friday night last week, I spent the day thinking, "I think I might be about over this shit..." I know that this shit will eventually catch up to me, and there comes a point where you've done irreparable damage. So maybe it's time to turn a leaf before I cross a line I don't want to cross.

I had about 7-8 maintenance drinks Sat night just to get to bed. Sunday and Monday were a little anxious/shakey, but I've sadly got enough experience with this to know it wasn't anything major and that it would pass. Just stayed hydrated, ate well, and started replenishing vitamins.

Wed night I got a pretty decent night sleep. Last night I had zero anxiety and really felt relaxed. If I didn't have something lined up early this morning I would have let myself sleep in because I actually could have!

The wife is thrilled because she wants to cut alcohol for health/diet reasons, and my resolve will really help her stick to it.

I know it'll take 5-6 months before I REALLY feel like I've turned a corner, but I'm feeling better after 4-5 days than I did last time I did 10 days (I wasn't in the right mind frame at the time)

That's muh story
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Congrads man!
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Wow! Let us know how it works-out! Are you sleeping better at all without alcohol?

Comment

I guess I should clarify, by asking if you woke up several times at night and had to fall back asleep?

Comment

last night I slept like a baby... I've always been a light sleeper. Even when tanked up pretty good I'll toss and turn. But when the sauce wears off, there's zero chance of sleeping any more. That may come at 2AM, that may come at 7AM.

But like I said, I slept in this morning til 7:30 (woke up at 6) and could have slept more. I honestly haven't felt that feeling in a long time.

I KNOW I'll have plenty of temptations to drink... I'm no fool. I've been a pretty regular drinker for over 20yrs who has "tried" sobriety a couple times. But I really haven't felt this lack of desire to drink since my first beer at 13
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

yep you were definitely heading down a bad road

Comment

That took a tenth of the time to read as it did when you were talking about it on the phone.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Good for you man.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Good deal.

Comment

Congrats.
                    ./ ____ _ _\.
                    (]]]_ o _[[[)
                    \o_FORD_o/
                    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Good luck to you. It has been on your mind for a little while now. I'm getting better at drinking less. Certainly saving a fuckton of money. Now when I do drink, it doesn't require the stupid amounts that it did before.

I certainly put down a bunch when I was in Fort Worth last time, though. Sheesh!!

Comment

I too drink pretty much daily... I try not to buy beer these days partly cause I'd like to lose my beer gut, and partly cause if I have 1, I'll drink all 12 like it's water. It usually takes a full 12 pack to get drunk at all. These days I'll have one or two 7&7's after work and call it a night, but my pour is like 70% whiskey in a tall glass...

I agree, I'm headed down the wrong road too and have been trying to find some ambition to take on what you're starting. I'm not sure I'm there yet, but I'm getting closer and will watch this thread with interest.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

That's great, Forrest. Stay strong and keep it up!
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Hells yeah! Congrats.

I feel bad just for drinking on the weekends a lot of times...glad I'm not facing the same battle as you. Best of luck!

Comment

Good Luck Forrest ..

Comment

Working...
                              X