Fort Worth PD now giving out parking brake tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
    Turns out she wrote me a warning( my car was in my driveway mind you) for the trunk of my car was "protruding" into the sidewalk.
    It is a pain in the ass when people park blocking the sidewalk. The problem is for kids on bikes. In a lot of neighborhoods I see little kids riding in the street because the sidewalk is blocked. Then again, if your shit was an inch into the sidewalk that's a bitch move to write a warning, kids scratching your car is punishment enough.
    Last edited by MustangPoser; 10-04-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
      It is a pain in the ass when people park blocking the sidewalk. The problem is for kids on bikes. In a lot of neighborhoods I see little kids riding in the street because the sidewalk is blocked.

It's kind of like parking within a few feet of a stop sign and there is a car across the street from you, leaving room for only one car through at a time.
      Or strollers, or handicapped people.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It is a pain in the ass when people park blocking the sidewalk. The problem is for kids on bikes. In a lot of neighborhoods I see little kids riding in the street because the sidewalk is blocked.

It's kind of like parking within a few feet of a stop sign and there is a car across the street from you, leaving room for only one car through at a time.
        Are you supposed to ride your bike on the sidewalk?

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          A Fort Worth cop knocked on my front door yesterday morning around 10:30am. She was on a bicycle patrolling our neighborhood I guess. Turns out she wrote me a warning( my car was in my driveway mind you) for the trunk of my car was "protruding" into the sidewalk.
          That is a $150 offense in the city of Watauga, and the court is fucking FILLED with people paying it.

Same fine for parking in the yard (which I agree with btw) and parking the wrong way on the street.

And they wonder why people don't like having cops around.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            Are you supposed to ride your bike on the sidewalk?
            Your not supposed to spit on it (the sidewalk) either but that rule never made sense. I could see someone on a bike being a danger to others who may just be walking but that danger doesnt outweigh a kid riding in the street IMO
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

The spitting on the sidewalk thing goes back to the old west when women wore long dragging petticoats and men would spit dip on the sidewalks.

Comment

We have a TON of unnecessary bullshit rules that can go die in a fire.

Land of the free my fucking ass...

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

Land of the free ...
                  Whoever told you that is your enemy.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    The spitting on the sidewalk thing goes back to the old west when women wore long dragging petticoats and men would spit chew, or chaw, on the sidewalks.
                    Fixed.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Whoever told you that is your enemy.
                      Now something must be done.

Comment

It is a pain in the ass when people park blocking the sidewalk. The problem is for kids on bikes. In a lot of neighborhoods I see little kids riding in the street because the sidewalk is blocked. Then again, if your shit was an inch into the sidewalk that's a bitch move to write a warning, kids scratching your car is punishment enough.
                        I agree, blocking the sidewalk is a dick move, especially for moms walking their kiddos in strollers in the afternoon. I endeavor not to. It is my sons car and when he parked the night before last, he did not make sure it was not blocking the sidewalk. Now that I know --- my sidewalk will be clear. It just pisses me off that 50 other people on my block do it every dam day ---- I get singled out.

Comment

So...is that OP ticket from quota desperation or lack of city funds desperation?
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            That is a $150 offense in the city of Watauga, and the court is fucking FILLED with people paying it.

Same fine for parking in the yard (which I agree with btw) and parking the wrong way on the street.

And they wonder why people don't like having cops around.
                            Well shit. I'll have to watch that now. My driveway is shallow as shit too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                                One of my neighbors is a cop/sheriff or someshit and his patrol car and two other cars in front of his house are ALWAYS facing the wrong way. I'll post a pic later.
                                Call the local police department and make a complaint.

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X