Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth PD now giving out parking brake tickets

Jimmy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

Parking tickets are sometimes issued for trivial things, but how pissed would you be if you got back to your legally parked car and saw a ticket for not setting the parking brake?

It happened to a driver in Fort Worth, Texas, according to NBC DFW. A woman says her son got slapped with a $30 citation back in August for not engaging the parking brake while parked in residential neighborhood. They decided to ignore it because, well, who ever heard of getting a ticket over a parking brake?

The local NBC station found out it's part of a 1995 Texas vehicle law that encompasses exactly what you're supposed to do if you leave your vehicle. In addition to obvious stuff like turning off the engine and removing the key (Do you want someone to steal your car?), the law also requires "setting the parking brake effectively."

And apparently, it's a law that's only enforced sporadically, at least the way Fort Worth police make it sound:

Fort Worth Police Cpl. Tracey Knight says it may be an obscure law, but officers can and will enforce all laws. While the circumstances of the ticket weren't immediately available, the officer who wrote the tickets likely was called for loud noise coming from the party. If officers cannot solve an issue directly, such as the noise complaint, they will try to reduce the likelihood of that problem occurring again by enforcing all appropriate laws.

Parking brakes are good things when you're parked and better when you're doing stuff like handbrake turns. However, making it a law to use one looks like it's going too far.

Parking tickets are sometimes issued for trivial things, but how pissed would you be if you got back to your legally parked car and saw a ticket for not setting the parking brake?

FWPD gave out tickets to cars parked facing the wrong direction on a residential street on Christmas EVE. Several houses on the block had holiday parties, and there were a lot of cars on the street... Such a nice thing to come out to.

I guess that is what happens when a pissy neighbor calls, and some cop is pissed that he is working on the 24th...

Comment

Such BS. I vowed to never return to the city of Fort Worth after I got a parking ticket at a boat ramp for not having a parking slip for the following day. I was out of there by midnight.
      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

This is fucking stupid! Party or not, seriously?

Comment

I could see the safety issue if he were parked on a hill, just a responsible thing to do in that situation.

<---always sets the Parking Brake
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

A Fort Worth cop knocked on my front door yesterday morning around 10:30am. She was on a bicycle patrolling our neighborhood I guess. Turns out she wrote me a warning( my car was in my driveway mind you) for the trunk of my car was "protruding" into the sidewalk.

Yes, and she threatened me that I had 24 hours to move the vehicle or it will be towed------out of my own fucking driveway!!!!! I went and looked it up and apparently it is a violation to impede people from walking on the sidewalk. People wonder why there is so much disdain for "some" cops. I am truly at a loss for words here.

Comment

You get them in SF for not curbing your wheel. Not sure how much they were, but given that a red light camera ticket is $500, I don't want to know.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                FWPD gave out tickets to cars parked facing the wrong direction on a residential street on Christmas EVE. Several houses on the block had holiday parties, and there were a lot of cars on the street... Such a nice thing to come out to.

I guess that is what happens when a pissy neighbor calls, and some cop is pissed that he is working on the 24th...
                One of my neighbors is a cop/sheriff or someshit and his patrol car and two other cars in front of his house are ALWAYS facing the wrong way. I'll post a pic later.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                  A Fort Worth cop knocked on my front door yesterday morning around 10:30am. She was on a bicycle patrolling our neighborhood I guess. Turns out she wrote me a warning( my car was in my driveway mind you) for the trunk of my car was "protruding" into the sidewalk.

Yes, and she threatened me that I had 24 hours to move the vehicle or it will be towed------out of my own fucking driveway!!!!! I went and looked it up and apparently it is a violation to impede people from walking on the sidewalk. People wonder why there is so much disdain for "some" cops. I am truly at a loss for words here.

Should have asked her "When you were a kid, was this the type of job you were always hoping you'd land?" I've found it to sufficiently diminish my own rage and return it to the sender in situations where someone is a little too impressed with their perceived authority.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Should have asked her "When you were a kid, was this the type of job you were always hoping you'd land?" I've found it to sufficiently diminish my own rage and return it to the sender in situations where someone is a little too impressed with their perceived authority.
                    I know, I know---------I never join in with bashing the cops on here, but holy fuck. A lot of my family in Louisiana was in Law enforcement, and I was raised to respect the badge. I have nothing for this situation...............

Comment

I know, I know---------I never join in with bashing the cops on here, but holy fuck. A lot of my family in Louisiana was in Law enforcement, and I was raised to respect the badge. I have nothing for this situation...............
                      someone called you in. My buddy I used to carpool with got called in weekly by an old man down the street from him.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have no quarrel with the majority of the men and women out there doing their jobs, but useless shit like you posted about and the OP can go burn in satan's anus.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                          someone called you in. My buddy I used to carpool with got called in weekly by an old man down the street from him.
                          You might be right. I did see some 85 year old fucktard "neighborhood watch" dude in his Prius yesterday around the block sitting in his car. I bet he has no idea I'm a gun dealer----not to imply anything-----.

Comment

You might be right. I did see some 85 year old fucktard "neighborhood watch" dude in his Prius yesterday around the block sitting in his car. I bet he has no idea I'm a gun dealer----not to imply anything-----.
                            Lord of War over here....lol
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

We've got those shitheads in Arlington too. I like buzzing them at twice the speed limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X