Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    At $45 it's 20x forward revenue, lmao.
    Sounds like a solid P/E to me... Operating loss, what??!

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      AAAAAH I getya. Looks like it should open for trading soon, why would they not open trades on it at the bell?
      Too much to sort out on the first day of a big IPO. It's looking to open in about an hour right now.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Interesting to see if/when I can short this thing.
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Opened at $45.10

Comment

Opened at $45.10
            Where is the $19 change cominf from? Were other people able to buy at $26 before public trading this morning?
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting to see if/when I can short this thing.
              If you could have bought in at open and sold about 10m later you could've made $5/share, and the same with the short, short it at 10.

Comment

We got 1300 IPO shares from GS and already sold them at $45 and change. Will buy back in a few months at 20.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                  Where is the $19 change cominf from? Were other people able to buy at $26 before public trading this morning?
                  Only people who bought at $26 was on the IPO yesterday. People on the secondary market are willing to pay $45. Twitter got fucked out of a lot of money, lmao.

Comment

this sounds like some dfwstangs shizz
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

How do people get ipo shares in these deals?

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                        Drive trains

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                          Drive trains
                          I stole this from the internet because i'm not slow99, but here ya go:

What About Me?
                          As you can see, the road to an IPO is a long and complicated one. You may have noticed that individual investors aren't involved until the very end. This is because small investors aren't the target market. They don't have the cash and, therefore, hold little interest for the underwriters.
                          If underwriters think an IPO will be successful, they'll usually pad the pockets of their favorite institutional client with shares at the IPO price. The only way for you to get shares (known as an IPO allocation) is to have an account with one of the investment banks that is part of the underwriting syndicate. But don't expect to open an account with $1,000 and be showered with an allocation. You need to be a frequently trading client with a large account to get in on a hot IPO.

Bottom line, your chances of getting early shares in an IPO are slim to none unless you're on the inside. If you do get shares, it's probably because nobody else wants them. Granted, there are exceptions to every rule and it would be incorrect for us to say that it's impossible. Just keep in mind that the probability isn't high if you are a small investor.
                          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                            You have to be invited by the company to get them before they open. Usually early investors get dibs best I understand it.

Comment

My original post still fits.

Originally posted by sc281 View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X