No announcement yet.

Garage door openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so belt driven with nylon casters on the door for it to be quiet. I'm sure the old lady will appriciate that when I leave at 4am everyday.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I didn't even realize some had back-up batteries. Although we enter and exit through the garage door 99%, we make sure we still have front door keys on our key sets just in case. The few times we have had power outages I just pull the release on the inside so we can still access it as necessary.

We do have the ability to open / close and monitor the status of ours over the internet via a smartphone app. We played with it a bit the first few months we had it but I haven't gone through the trouble of setting up my phone app since I got my most recent phone.

We also have the keypad on the outside, which I love. We can create one time, or limited use codes if we need to have people access the house when we are away. So we can set a code to only work X number of times, or only for a certain date range, which is cool.

Our opener itself is pretty damn quiet, especially for a chain drive. But the metal door clangs around which is what makes most of the noise.

Comment

I have a belt driven Chamberlain Liftmaster. Quiet and reliable. An no problems with the sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          An no problems with the sensors.
          I don't have any issues with mine, I just hate them. I figure if someone gets trapped under that slow moving door, they deserve what they get.

Comment

LSX garage opener w/e85
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I've got the 1/2 hp chamberlains on my doors. No issues at all and they are both programmed to one button on my sun visor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                I don't have any issues with mine, I just hate them. I figure if someone gets trapped under that slow moving door, they deserve what they get.
                I like the fact that they turn the lights on when you walk thru the beam.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  I like the fact that they turn the lights on when you walk thru the beam.
                  The wall panel on mine has a motion detector.

Comment

Working...
                  X