Garage door openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door openers

Any advice involving them? I need to get one and install it. 2 car garage, is the 1/2hp enough or should I get the 3/4
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

My only advice is to carefully consider the battery back-up. Mine has the battery which went bad in short order. Since then it beeps every minute. For eternity. Loudly. It's about $100 to replace. At first I didn't want to spend the money. Now, 5 years later, it's some sort of existential crisis mixed with irritainment. I should replace it but instead I just enjoy being pissed off about it.

On the plus side, I have never had to operate the garage door while the power was out, so that's nice I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      My only advice is to carefully consider the battery back-up. Mine has the battery which went bad in short order. Since then it beeps every minute. For eternity. Loudly. It's about $100 to replace. At first I didn't want to spend the money. Now, 5 years later, it's some sort of existential crisis mixed with irritainment. I should replace it but instead I just enjoy being pissed off about it.

On the plus side, I have never had to operate the garage door while the power was out, so that's nice I guess.
      Have you checked Amazon? I had a backup battery go bad in my verizon box in the garage. it only keeps the phone working for a few hours if power goes out, so no big deal... But, that damn beeping was annoying, so I checked Verizon, they wanted like $75 for one! Got one on Amazon, same exact model and number for $35, shipped slow boat.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
        Have you checked Amazon? I had a backup battery go bad in my verizon box in the garage. it only keeps the phone working for a few hours if power goes out, so no big deal... But, that damn beeping was annoying, so I checked Verizon, they wanted like $75 for one! Got one on Amazon, same exact model and number for $35, shipped slow boat.
        See, now I'm presented with a tough decision. A cheap, easy solution to end the torment, or do nothing and enjoy the pain. Lol, thanks man. I'm doin' that.

Comment

Just bought one. opens with my iphone!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            My Verizon box finally stopped beeping after a few months.

Comment

My buddy just got a new one and I swear it is fucking silent. You wouldn't hear it even in the next room. Screw drive of course.
              sigpic

Comment

I have the Genie 3/4hp for my garage and shop. They work great but the safe t beam sensors corrode with the slightest bit of moisture. I had mine installed since the shop is 12x12

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

The Chamberlain Group LLC manufactures and markets some of the world's most reliable, efficient and cost-effective Garage Door Opener products for do-it-yourself installation. The full product line includes residential garage door openers and related garage and home accessories.

Just bought this one a few months ago and love it. Super quite and has a few nice features for me. Paid around 225 for mine thru home depot or lowes cant remember which. Also bought the nylon roller wheels for the door on amazon for 10 bucks for all of them. I can sneak in on my dogs now its great!

Comment

costco has a really good one 3/4hp silent battery backup all the bells and whistles for 220

Comment

Belt drive is the most quiet. 1/2 hp is plenty unless you have an extra wide or wooden door. I also recommend nylon rollers over metal, they're cheap online and much more quiet.

Comment

garage door openers

My Chamberlain also had a battery backup. The battery lasted about 4 years and finally died which caused the opener to keep beeping at me. Just remove the battery and your good to go. Of course you will still need to get in the garage.

Comment

Just remove the battery. It works without it. Based on personal experience.

Comment

Just replaced both mine and my parents with this one. So far I really enjoy it. It is super quiet, but a bit slow. Watch for deals, I ended up paying $175 or so picked up at the store.

I fucking hate those electronic eyes so we mounted them from the motor bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

Find speaker clip wire?
                              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X