No announcement yet.

xbox 360 red ringed again.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think either next gen console will be backwards compatible.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      can nayone tell me if the "new xbox" thats coming out will play the old 360 games? jr has about 4 billion games for the 360.

god bless.
      If you wait until the next gens drop there should be a corresponding drop in the prices on 360's. Lots of people will trade in their old ones on the next gen.

Comment

can nayone tell me if the "new xbox" thats coming out will play the old 360 games? .
        the xbone is not backwards compatible.

Comment

Just go to Gamestop and pick up a refurbished one for 120 bucks or hit CL for $50. Either way. I just had to replace my first Gen Elite with the current one.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Xbox One won't be backwards compatible for 360 games at release, but they are talking about the potential for a cloud-based emulator to solve that problem at least for some of the more popular ones.

PlayStation 4 has the same issue...and I've heard they are considering a similar solution as well.

This is all due to a change in the chipset architecture...from the demos I've seen so far, it will be well worth the trade-off. By comparison, a bigger difference than what we saw years ago jumping from the original Xbox to the 360.

The new Kinnect and it's recognition capability is pretty amazing too.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Arcade factory will fix it with warranty for a 100 bucks. They are by North Hills wheel and tire off hwy 26

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                Xbox One won't be backwards compatible for 360 games at release, but they are talking about the potential for a cloud-based emulator to solve that problem at least for some of the more popular ones.

PlayStation 4 has the same issue...and I've heard they are considering a similar solution as well.

This is all due to a change in the chipset architecture...from the demos I've seen so far, it will be well worth the trade-off. By comparison, a bigger difference than what we saw years ago jumping from the original Xbox to the 360.

The new Kinnect and it's recognition capability is pretty amazing too.
                PS3 to PS2 was not backwards compatible for most.. Nothing new but it sucks ass either way.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                  Which quadrant? Put toothpicks in the fan blades, wrap it in a towel, let it overheat then cool back down. Fixed mine twice that way
                  Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  I pulled Leah's sons apart and cleaned / reapplied the Heat Sink compound, then over heated it, and that fixed it. Took about an hour not counting cool down time. Found a you tube video on it.
                  Here's the primary video I used. Guy is annoying but it was useful.

Mase from TEAMHEADKICK takes you step by step through the easy way to fix your "Red Ring Of Death" on the Xbox 360. For about $12 in Parts, your Box will be ...

If you don't want to mess with it you can give it to me. I'll fix it and sell it.

so i have this thing all apart and im supposed to wave a hair dryer around?? srsly? is the video i found a joke of some sort?

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

so i have this thing all apart and im supposed to wave a hair dryer around?? srsly? is the video i found a joke of some sort?

god bless.
                    I didn't use a hair dryer or towels. If it's all apart just don't plug the fans back in and turn it on until it manually shuts off. Did you look at the video I linked?

Comment

god bless.
                      Your wife is going to get mad at you for using her shit!

Comment

Here's the primary video I used. Guy is annoying but it was useful.

Mase from TEAMHEADKICK takes you step by step through the easy way to fix your "Red Ring Of Death" on the Xbox 360. For about $12 in Parts, your Box will be ...

If you don't want to mess with it you can give it to me. I'll fix it and sell it.
                        Note to self. Don't buy a used XBOX from Chili.

Comment

FYI: the repair was a huge failure. Im not sure if because i dont know what im doing or the fact that i spilled shiner cheer all inside of it.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

When spreading the cheer goes wrong

Comment

Working...
                            X