Little league shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little league shenanigans

My daughter cheers for the AYA football team, (bulldogs) 6th grade kids. They got called names and told they had no class by the AYA director because they beat another AYA team 58-8. The AYA director also told them they will no longer be able to score more than 30 points. The opposing coach also was in on the name calling. He also admitted that him and his assistant coach were deliberately telling his players to take out and our kids, then asked for our coaches play book today at practice! This will be the last year we will have anything to do with the AYA. Does anyone else see this as one step closer to the pussification of America? Not everyone deserves to get a trophy.
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Goes nicely with this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-youth-football-mercy-rule-inflames-parental-passions-103325382.html Usually, when a mercy rule becomes a bone of contention it's because the policy isn't instituted soon enough, until after a game is already far out of reach. Yet in one Northern California
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I would expect that out in commiefornia but this is Texas

Comment

Running the score that much in little league is low class, but sometimes it's hard to stop without kneeing every series. If starters stayed in, that's a dick move.

On the other hand, sports leagues need to do better at equalizing teams.

Comment

They took a knee for 2 downs every possesion and put the 2nd stringers in after halftime. I need to add in case you missed it, but these are not little kids next year they will be playing for the school.

Comment

Play through your 2nd and 3rd string, but nothing else. It's a timed game, so it will end eventually.

Comment

If I was the coach, I would have made a playbook just for them, full of plays sure to make them fail.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                Play through your 2nd and 3rd string, but nothing else. It's a timed game, so it will end eventually.
                There aren't enough players to have a full 2nd string.

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                  He also admitted that him and his assistant coach were deliberately telling his players to take out and our kids
                  So, not good enough to stop them from scoring or score on their own, but they're going to try to injure the other team? I don't see that working out either.
                  Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  If I was the coach, I would have made a playbook just for them, full of plays sure to make them fail.
                  Sounds like they already have that playbook.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Maybe you need to see if your daughter can cheer in a select league, OP.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      So, not good enough to stop them from scoring or score on their own, but they're going to try to injure the other team? I don't see that working out either.Sounds like they already have that playbook.
                      If I was one of the parents who heard a coach say to take out my kid with an injury I would have knocked his ass out. That is fucked up. sorry ur team suxs. Be better at coaching
                      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        Maybe you need to see if your daughter can cheer in a select league, OP.
                        Lol, as much as it cost just to do this BS AYA stuff she might as well. $300 for the outfit, $50 for a $5 academy chair in a bag that her name is on, $25 for a mum, $50 for pics, $20 for a hair bow, and the season is just at a halfway point.
                        Last edited by Country cracker; 10-01-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Funny how it's supposed to be "all about the kids", but adults screw it up for everybody. This usually starts (and stops) with the coaches. This is why it's so important that coaches are chosen carefully.
                          As someone suggested, get her to a competitive/select team. You may get your ass kicked, but there won't be the petty name calling by league officials.

Comment

If you know you have the game won and theres no chance of a comeback, I would put the less experienced kiddos in to let them get some game time practice... but that's just me
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Call me a dick but I dont see anything wrong with 53-8

-Either the other coach cant coach
                              -The kids have no talent and lying to them so they can win is just as bad as leaving a no talent kid in FOOTBALL.
                              -Name calling is childish and a form of bullying, try to get it on tape and then tell em to STFU?

Its just part of the game...I mean, we are worried about little league kids, how about Junior High and High School? What a wakeup that will be the first time they get their a$$ kicked and theres no one to cry too. How are they going to deal with that frustration?

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              If you know you have the game won and theres no chance of a comeback, I would put the less experienced kiddos in to let them get some game time practice... but that's just me
                              This for sure, but I didnt read anything about the first team staying in the whole game?
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                              X