Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas store clerk shots thief gets charged with murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas store clerk shots thief gets charged with murder.

What am I missing here? Don't steal you won't die. Damn liberals taking over Corpus.

CORPUS CHRISTI (September 29, 2013)—Rodney James Duve, 52, the owner of a convenience store in Corpus Christi, was jailed Sunday, charged with murder, after shooting a man who was attempting to steal beer.

Duve was held Sunday in the Nueces County Jail in lieu of $35,000 bond in the shooting death of the 39-year-old man who tried to steal a 12-pack of beer from his store Saturday night.

The would-be thief, whose name wasn’t immediately released, died at a hospital.

Duve was arrested at the store.

Further details weren’t immediately available.

Originally posted by crooner View Post
    What am I missing here? Don't steal you won't die. Damn liberals taking over Corpus.

CORPUS CHRISTI (September 29, 2013)—Rodney James Duve, 52, the owner of a convenience store in Corpus Christi, was jailed Sunday, charged with murder, after shooting a man who was attempting to steal beer.

Duve was held Sunday in the Nueces County Jail in lieu of $35,000 bond in the shooting death of the 39-year-old man who tried to steal a 12-pack of beer from his store Saturday night.

The would-be thief, whose name wasn’t immediately released, died at a hospital.

Duve was arrested at the store.

Further details weren’t immediately available.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/T...l?device=phone
    Kill a man over some beer? I dunno if that is justified.
    Glad i'm not him.

Comment

I guess he should have used harsh language instead of drawing his weapon and killing someone...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Gunshots rang out like a bell
        I grabbed my nine all I heard were shells
        Falling on the concrete real fast
        Jumped in my car slammed on the gas
        Bumper to bumper the avenue's packed
        I'm trying to get away before the jackers jack
        Police on the scene you know what I mean
        They passed me up confronted all the dope fiends
        If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
        Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Comment

Was the perp armed? Did the store owner fear for his life?

These are two questions that will have to be answered.

Comment

Not many possessions worth killing someone over...while he shouldn't be jailed, he is an idiot for shooting him.

Comment

I hope there is more to this story....

One less crook on the street.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

So, did the clerk blast away at the thief leaving the store without paying for the beer, or did the thief have a gun pointed at him while taking the beer out of the store?

If it is the first, yeah, dumb move, if it is the second, I dont see it as murder.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Like some are saying, it all depends on the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I guess he should have used harsh language instead of drawing his weapon and killing someone...
                    Maybe cut his hands off?

I mean, if you have a chance to stop someone from taking from you, whether it $1 or $20k...shouldnt you try to stop them?

Whats the penalty for taking beer then? Hope your fast enough to exit the store and then your free to go?

There has got to be SOME sort of punishment...the cops are not going to review hours of CCTV to catch a beer thief and would probably not even think about it the next day...
                    Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

"Choot 'em, choot 'em!!!"
                      Last edited by Rick Modena; 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

every man has to draw their own line. while i wouldnt shoot a man for a 12pk, this guy obv. would and did. i dont think he should be charged with anything. it makes it look like we are saying it is ok to steal.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm wondering if he shot the crock, the crock fell to the floor, and the store owner then emptied the mag into the crock.
                          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                            I'm wondering if he shot the crock, the crock fell to the floor, and the store owner then emptied the mag into the crock.
                            This would be over kill for sure...but one in the back...eh play stupid games...
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If the dude did a snatch and grab, the store owners response isn't inline with the crime. Not saying I disagree with his actions, but you need to be able to apply the Uncle Jimbo defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X