My car was hit last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    So you're saying you can contest their offer?
    Im saying that if they give you x amount to fix it & all the bids are over it. Then yes I would contest it
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Seb, was you car a total loss?

Guys,

The insurance doesnt care about a shops estimate. Any shop you take the car to will have to work off the insurance estimate. You take the estimate and the car to the shop and the shop will file a supplement for any additional repairs or parts needed to bring the car to pre accident condition. You are wasting yours and the insurance time fighting over what you think is fair to repair the car. The shop will get what they need to fix it. Of course if youre trying to scam, these rules dont apply. We get people in here that are "gonna show the insurance how it going to be!" Just let the shop do their job and pick up the car when its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        Seb, was you car a total loss?

Guys,

The insurance doesnt care about a shops estimate. Any shop you take the car to will have to work off the insurance estimate. You take the estimate and the car to the shop and the shop will file a supplement for any additional repairs or parts needed to bring the car to pre accident condition. You are wasting yours and the insurance time fighting over what you think is fair to repair the car. The shop will get what they need to fix it. Of course if youre trying to scam, these rules dont apply. We get people in here that are "gonna show the insurance how it going to be!" Just let the shop do their job and pick up the car when its done.
        They tried to fix it & fought with them that it should be totaled cause of the column & after we showed pics & proof of the upgraded 20inch Polished GMC Rims we had. They played the hand that it was cheaper to total it. Then they tried to low ball us & it played out to us settling at $11,500

I am confused on estimates? So if they say $1200 to fix & another shop says $1100 to fix & Insurance says $800 is all the will pay to fix it and multiple shops say $1000 plus to fix. How is it insurance can say $800 is all we will pay when you have multiple shops saying more
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
          They tried to fix it & fought with them that it should be totaled cause of the column & after we showed pics & proof of the upgraded 20inch Polished GMC Rims we had. They played the hand that it was cheaper to total it. Then they tried to low ball us & it played out to us settling at $11,500

I am confused on estimates? So if they say $1200 to fix & another shop says $1100 to fix & Insurance says $800 is all the will pay to fix it and multiple shops say $1000 plus to fix. How is it insurance can say $800 is all we will pay when you have multiple shops saying more
          Insurance has to pay what it takes to repair the car to pre accident condition. They will ALWAYS write lower than what is needed. They want shop to ask for more so the insurance only pays exactly what it takes to fix the car. They never want to overpay.

Comment

They settled out at 1900 to start with, got em up to 2201 and called it good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              this guy has 2 silver doors for 125 each... I didn't see pics though

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ptd/4064737472.html
              This guy is a cock sucker. I called, told him exactly what I needed. He said he had four of them sitting there. I went over the specs of what I was looking for again, silver, 2 door coupe, passenger side door, power window, with glass. "Yep, I have it sitting right here!" I Drive 2 hours down here to get it, and he doesn't have it. I fucking hate salvage yards!

/rant

I'm to the point now to where I'm about done trying to find it cheap. Maybe I should just fork over the money to LKQ, at least they have somewhat of a reputation.

Comment

:-\

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                  This guy is a cock sucker. I called, told him exactly what I needed. He said he had four of them sitting there. I went over the specs of what I was looking for again, silver, 2 door coupe, passenger side door, power window, with glass. "Yep, I have it sitting right here!" I Drive 2 hours down here to get it, and he doesn't have it. I fucking hate salvage yards!

/rant

I'm to the point now to where I'm about done trying to find it cheap. Maybe I should just fork over the money to LKQ, at least they have somewhat of a reputation.

shit Daniel, im really sorry man... guy seemed pretty cool on the phone and said he had exactly what you needed
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

You're better off getting an entire door shell from Honda, ElKayQue will rape you in the ass...that is unless you like getting your asshole torn apart, go for it...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

/rant

text me your vin... ill look on lkq
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Although, it looks like you may be able to skin it (door panel).
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Although, it looks like you may be able to skin it (door panel).
                          I was thinking the same... will you post pics of the inside of your door? and pics of the foor frame to see if there is more damage?
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I'm trying my best not to have to paint. I can find different colors all day long, but I really want to find a silver one so I don't have to paint. Trying to keep the cost as low as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              You're better off getting an entire door shell from Honda, ElKayQue will rape you in the ass...that is unless you like getting your asshole torn apart, go for it...
                              Their prices $719 for a new door shell. And then it needs to be painted. Trying to avoid both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                text me your vin... ill look on lkq
                                I'll have to send it over to you this evening. Don't have it with me

Comment

Working...
                                X