Would you buy a 99 cobra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy a 99 cobra?

i know they were down on power when they first came out. I coiuld really care less about it being "fast". I ran across one for sale today at $7500 and thought that was a good price, so i started looking into them and found quite a few priced around that. I just want a daily driver that looks and sounds good and gets better MPG's than my bronco.

any thoughts? anyone own one currently?
    THE BAD HOMBRE

I would buy one for a dd, lower it, wheels, 03 cobra rear bumper and spoiler, exhaust, done!

Comment

thats where my thinking is.. i think im gonna make a move
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Parts are easily available, as long as it looks sound and the miles are decent I don't see a reason not to.

Comment

I'd rather have a 96-98

That said, I've seen prices on the 99/01 under $7500 and up around $15k for low mileage ones. You could probably shop around and find something cheaper. Still not that great on gas mileage but I guess anything over 10 mpg is a step up. There's better cheaper options out there if you want a better gas saver daily but I know you know that lol

If I had the money laying around I wouldn't hesitate to have another Cobra for a daily. I miss mine everyday.
          --Marcus

Comment

The good thing is that you could always have Doc do the work on it.

Comment

I built a 99 Cobra for a customer a few years back. Hurst short throw, 01 rear bumper, 4.10 gears, delrin bushings, 03/04 diff brace, diff cover brace, 03 wheels and a complete 03 Cobra supercharger system. Car made 476 RWHP. I think he would take 10k for it.
              Cant seem to find my pictures of it but its black with tan interior and a two owner car. Both older retired cops. Only have the engine shots.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I daily drove my 97 Cobra for nearly a year. I averaged 20MPG with the heavy wheels and wide tires. Can't beat the sound of a 4V engine. My only complaint was bump steer.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  I coiuld really care less about it being "fast".
                  Pretty much because you don't have any idea how to make one fast. Just run E85 and your problems will be solved.

Comment

thanks troll..

The premier automotive enthusiast community for Virginia.

your local community wants you back.. run along.
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      Pretty much because you don't have any idea how to make one fast. Just run E85 and your problems will be solved.
                      LSX swap.. even *I* know that
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I loved my '99 cobra. Had exhaust, bigger mass air, chip, 4:10's, pulleys, upgraded half shafts and '03 cobra rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

They are decent cars.

They have larger bump sticks than all the rest of the c heads. Degree them + solid rear swap and you have a pretty good running car.
                          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                            LSX swap.. even *I* know that
                            It would still be a turd. Give you three guesses why.

Comment

Yousa bitch.
                              Yousa ho.
                              What else?
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X