No announcement yet.

New California youth football mercy rule inflames parental passions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another step forward in the pussification of America.
    03 cobra

Comment

This is GREAT! My future kid might SUCK at sports and this will allow him to achieve something!

There should be a rule regarding wins.. IE my sons team, 0-10, plays a team thats 10-1, they should have to loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Instead of a mercy rule they should require that the second string get put in. The kids riding the bench would benefit.
        I hope they did that already. That's common all the way up through the professional level.

Comment

after our 25-0 loss last night. i am all for it. i want that other team fined, suspended, and possibly drawn and quartered. but srsly, we lost 25-0.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            I hope they did that already. That's common all the way up through the professional level.
            The Broncos did it on Monday, and it cost me a Fantasy Football win. Why couldn't they have left Moreno in the game!?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              There shouldn't be a mercy rule.
              Yeah we should glass the earth and salt the fields, show them who's fucking boss,
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                after our 25-0 loss last night. i am all for it. i want that other team fined, suspended, and possibly drawn and quartered. but srsly, we lost 25-0.

god bless.
                That is sad for the kids, but coaches should take it upon themselves to show a little class and compassion for the opposing teams. Even in competitive club soccer, I've seen coaches tell their own team to not score until there were X amount of touches on the ball, play all the kids that rarely got to play, and even swap positions and let the keeper go play on the field for half the game.
                There are things that can be done during a drubbing that can benefit both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  That is sad for the kids, but coaches should take it upon themselves to show a little class and compassion for the opposing teams. Even in competitive club soccer, I've seen coaches tell their own team to not score until there were X amount of touches on the ball, play all the kids that rarely got to play, and even swap positions and let the keeper go play on the field for half the game.
                  There are things that can be done during a drubbing that can benefit both sides.
                  For sure. The other thing is to move the kids up in age or move to a competitive/select level.

Comment

I guess I misunderstood mercy rules.. I thought the point was to not have a game run its full course if there is an obvious mismatch. Adding fines to that is absolutely ridiculous. Just call the game when you hit x runs by y innings.

What they are asking seems to be that good teams intentionally play poorly after hitting a certain mark. That makes no sense at all.

edit.. Or x number of point in y number of quarters (didn't realize this was football).

Comment

Working...
                    X