cheap import 4 wheelers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap import 4 wheelers?

are these things gonna last my son a couple of years? or should i buy a good one ie. yamaha, honda etc.

either way, where should i be looking for the best deal?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Harry Hines.

Comment

my buddy bought his 6 year old one and it is a POS and already broken within a year. on the other hand i still have a suzuki 50 quad that ive had since i was 8 (im 29 now) that has literally never been indoors and only had tires and spark plugs changed. If you buy a used one i would think you could get your money back or close to it when you sell it.

Comment

the ones with knock off honda motors last forever, just keep fresh gas in it and run it weekly

Comment

2 wheels > 4. be that cool dad and start him off early

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            2 wheels > 4. be that cool dad and start him off early
            X2.

Comment

Paul, it depends on how hard he rides it. They are pretty much disposable. I bought the 2 wheel motorcycle china bikes and they ran good. Never had any real problems with it. For a third of the cost of a Honda, it was well worth it.

You could buy 2 of them and still be cheaper than a name brand. Especially if you are just wanting to see if he likes them. But if he gets burned out or no place to ride, it would be better to buy cheap. Then if he likes it, move up to the name brands.

Comment

I would aim for an older suzuki. I had an 86 LT125 when I was a kid and it took a lot of punishment from me over an 8 year period. Here is one just like the one that I had.

Comment

If you decide to go the 2 wheel route, I have a 125 honda knockoff I got from a client. It's had almost a full tank run through at this point.

Open to trades, whatever. It's just been sitting while I wait for middle of winter to trade it for a fishing yak

Comment

You get what you pay for. Buy something good you can always sell it. Try selling one of those china junk nobody wants them

Comment

wtf is paul?
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        wtf is paul?
                        Welp Elvis, your thread just got ruined.

And how did dsrtuckteezy get banned?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                          Welp Elvis, your thread just got ruined.

And how did dsrtuckteezy get banned?!?!?
                          i AM tuckteezy, fool
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            are these things gonna last my son a couple of years? or should i buy a good one ie. yamaha, honda etc.

either way, where should i be looking for the best deal?

god bless.
                            Find a good deal on a name brand bike in the next few months. You should be able to keep it for a few years and not lose money on it.

Comment

Start your boy on a dirt bike. Starting him on 4 will instill some bad habits.

Comment

Working...
                              X