This last weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This last weekend

This last weekend was the JA family weekend at Great Wolf Lodge that we were able to go on thanks to you guys and the fundraising for the Arthritis Foundation. First, I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who participated in making this happen. It was so beneficial for us as a family and for Aly to see her friends 'like her' and have social and emotional support in dealing with this asshole of a disease. We had sessions on nutrition, counseling, medical advancements, treatment options and much more. She had the opportunity to have fun at the lodge, play with her friends and feel like a superhero for the weekend.

These are the faces of Juvenile Arthritis. These kids (and their teams) raised over $100,000 this year to help find a cure!!

Second, I wanted to vent for a second. It's crappy enough that these kids have to go through this. When we first got there, you couldn't tell our kids from any other kids, but on Sunday you could. You could see the pain, the limping, the swelling. It fucking sucks.

Lastly, Aly is home from school today with pain in her knees, ankles and neck. I already have a call into the Rheumatologist's office to see if it's something she needs to be seen for. She's been in 'remission' since April and I'm hoping my gut feeling is wrong.

At the superhero dance & dinner-one of Aly's good friends from camp:

The costume contest:

Since my son is older, they used them to help come up with a design and are making it into tshirts. I am so proud of the big brother he is and how much he's supporting her by not only going to these events, but actively participating and getting involved. Love that boy so much.

Thanks for letting me vent. We will be doing the Jingle Bell Run this year and starting to fundraise soon. If you designate some funds to charity each year, please keep "Team Aly" and the Arthritis Foundation in mind. I will post stuff when fundraising is open for donations. Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by Leah; 09-23-2013, 04:10 PM.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

I take it that the ex showing up was a non-issue, or was that a different event?

<-- doesn't have Eric's steel trap mind.

Sorry to hear about the physical aftermath.

Comment

wrong forum.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

[like]

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I take it that the ex showing up was a non-issue, or was that a different event?

<-- doesn't have Eric's steel trap mind.

Sorry to hear about the physical aftermath.
          He did not end up showing up. He did threaten up until the day we left, though.

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          wrong forum.
          Do we have a 'kids with JA' forum?
          Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post

Do we have a 'kids with JA' forum?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
              Had a similar issue with my girl's ex when we picked her daughter up to take her to the circus a couple weekends ago, which was planned weeks in advance mind you. The only one that suffered from his antics was his daughter, she was in years, and he ended up looking like the prick that he is in her eyes. Pointless.

I'm glad to hear that it eventually worked out though.

Sorry for the thread derail, please don't delete my posts all powerful Chili.

Comment

It's not a picture post. They just enhance the story.
                Token Split Tail

Comment

Had a similar issue with my girl's ex when we picked her daughter up to take her to the circus a couple weekends ago, which was planned weeks in advance mind you. The only one that suffered from his antics was his daughter, she was in years, and he ended up looking like the prick that he is in her eyes. Pointless.

I'm glad to hear that it eventually worked out though.

No worries. He actually threatened to post on here how I've scammed all of you since she hasn't been on her shots. He said that I tricked you all to donate money. Not sure how since the money went to the Arthritis Foundation and not us and that the money donated goes to find a cure for Arthritis in order to help everyone who has arthritis and not just our daughter.

The only person who would have suffered was her. Thankfully, I think he realized he didn't have a leg to stand on, but he's already brewing up his next fight, I'm sure. He hasn't even talked/seen his son and doesn't care to. Fucking pathetic.
                  Token Split Tail

Comment

This isn't the garage.

Comment

Funny to watch the parents act like children. Some people will never have any concept of the damage they do to their own relationships with their own kids. And all over nothing, too. It's disgusting.

Comment

Good to see that the kids had fun!!

Comment

Working...
                        X