no more tasers in mansfield!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armbar > *
    If you could armbar an entire country, we would have never had to use teh nukes.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I've carried one for 8+ and used it once. Funny you mention the armbar.... What I thought was going to be a simple PI arrest went south. I try an armbar after he starts to resist. No compliance and I start to hear and feel things popping in the guys arm. Yet, no compliance. I release the hold, step back and deploy the taser. Immediate compliance. He was drunk and had about 5 grams of coke in his pocket. I assume he had some in his system too.
      2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
        lol. never seemed someone so jaded or uninformed. Your posts crack me up daily.

Id really love to know the real truth of why you have such a hard on for police. Whats the story? There has to be a great speeding ticket story behind all this hatred.
        Never had a ticket, never had a bad meeting with an officer. What I do have are reports of officers misusing their power and escaping punishment for offenses that would put other citizens behind bars. I guess you could say tin badge dictators piss me off. Call it a deep respect and reverence for the constitution and the Republic and her people.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
          FF has a hard on for most any government agency, literally biting the hand that feeds him.
          So, cops roughing up their tax base and ticketing those who literally pay them directly is...what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            So, cops roughing up their tax base and ticketing those who literally pay them directly is...what exactly?
            So no one deserves a ticket ever ? Tickets are consequences for breaking the law. Nearly EVERY traffic crash is the result of someone breaking the law. Some people actually deserve a traffic ticket. who cares whose salary they pay.

Comment

Never had a ticket, never had a bad meeting with an officer. What I do have are reports of officers misusing their power and escaping punishment for offenses that would put other citizens behind bars. I guess you could say tin badge dictators piss me off. Call it a deep respect and reverence for the constitution and the Republic and her people.
              Like any profession there are bad seeds. The small minority of officers who do wrong things, should not represent the masses. I would argue there are many more officers doing whats right and good things daily, than those who are abusing power or escaping punishment. However, the good is not interesting to the media, therefore no one hears about it.

We all read the media and hear the reports of misconduct when it happens. Im just curious why those reports have had such a profound impact on your views and posts, especially when you have never had a bad meeting with an officer?

Comment

So I should not have arrested the bank robber last week because he pays my salary?
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  So no one deserves a ticket ever ? Tickets are consequences for breaking the law. Nearly EVERY traffic crash is the result of someone breaking the law. Some people actually deserve a traffic ticket. who cares whose salary they pay.
                  Not what I'm saying. How many cops speed around who aren't on a call? How many of those are ticketed versus citizens they see doing the same?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    So I should not have arrested the bank robber last week because he pays my salary?
                    Not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out the idiocy in someone saying me criticizing abuses of the government is biting the hand that feeds me.

Comment

Not what I'm saying. How many cops speed around who aren't on a call? How many of those are ticketed versus citizens they see doing the same?
                      Go do a ride out with one of the guys on the board Frost... If they're speeding they're responding to a call. If they're not on a call, they're generally going BELOW the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
                        Like any profession there are bad seeds. The small minority of officers who do wrong things, should not represent the masses. I would argue there are many more officers doing whats right and good things daily, than those who are abusing power or escaping punishment. However, the good is not interesting to the media, therefore no one hears about it.

We all read the media and hear the reports of misconduct when it happens. Im just curious why those reports have had such a profound impact on your views and posts, especially when you have never had a bad meeting with an officer?
                        Because you don't see the cops shutting down their own. You don't see cops arresting asshole cops who kill a property owner's dog that is in it's own yard, when they roll up to the wrong house. You didn't see the cops doing no knock warrants arresting the idiot bastards who can't read addresses and kick in the wrong door and open fire on innocent citizens in their own homes.

If a cop fucks you up, odds are his squad car recorder will erase the data or it'll be called justified but if you touch a cop, it's a higher level of assault. If a cop shoots your dog, nothing happens to him. You shot his? You get either gunned down or charged with shooting an officer. If a cop decides he wants to take his bad day out on you and rips your car apart because "he thought he smelt something," you can't do a damned thing.

I want personal responsibility and the good officers to come down like a sledge hammer on the bad ones. I want to see an officer that shoots a dog in it's own house charged with the same charges a citizen would face if he gunned down a K9. I want to see officers who kick in the wrong door face charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                          Go do a ride out with one of the guys on the board Frost... If they're speeding they're responding to a call. If they're not on a call, they're generally going BELOW the speed limit.
                          Yup
                          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

And I offer up, go drive 635 and tell me how many cops are running slower than the speed limit versus how many are flying through traffic, weaving in and out while drinking coffee with their uniform in the back window.

Comment

And I offer up, go drive 635 and tell me how many cops are running slower than the speed limit versus how many are flying through traffic, weaving in and out while drinking coffee with their uniform in the back window.
                              Didn't know people still did that LOOOOOOOOOL. Anyways, I know for a fact Matt and Tanner has offered up! They're just a little far for you but still worthy.

Comment

Didn't know people still did that LOOOOOOOOOL. Anyways, I know for a fact Matt and Tanner has offered up! They're just a little far for you but still worthy.
                                I see it 2 or 3 times a trip when I go to the VA. I've done ride alongs in Killeen and Temple. Our legal system and security has always fascinated me and I was pursuing a degree in law so I could eventually get to be a prosecutor. I've done ride alongs, and I know that there are good cops. I treat every one of them with respect on an individual basis based on how they interact with me. Police though? You take the individual responsibility and ethics that an individual has and throw it out of the window when you have them put on a badge and give them authority with the protection of 'qualified immunity.'

When police clean up their own trash, I will give them credit just as I do when the military does it. I also know for a fact that if you fuck up in the military, you get some woodline time and encouraged to fix yourself. I can't remember the last time I heard from a cop that he saw his partner fuck up and he beat the shit out of him as a reminder not to do it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X