No announcement yet.

Parts Trader and State Farm insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendors just need to get ahead of the game and write their own software that adapts their inventory system to all the other ones. You'll still have body shops that complain about everything and get 30% of their money back on everything for cleanup time, until the vendors get tired of dealing with them. That and you'll still have estimators that only want to deal with their buddies and will tell them what to bid.

OPStrax, Partstrader, Car-part, URG net, whatever. They all do the same thing. Eventually Wal-Mart and Autozone will get in on the game and we'll all be hosed with crappy Chinese parts.

Comment

LMAO, so we all know who is in parts, LKQ or collision on the board. The only thing that is constant is everything changes, you just do your best to put out a good product and make as much money as possible.

Comment

It's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. If you don't conform then you won't be on the select service program very long. I do hope some of you independents and dealers get booted. That's more $$ for us mso's.

Scott are you back at caliber?

Comment

That's why I left the shop after 20yrs and went to work for SF . I wish I would have done it sooner .

Comment

I haven't heard anything positive about it from any of my customers. :?
            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
              That's why I left the shop after 20yrs and went to work for SF . I wish I would have done it sooner .
              I've thought about going to the insurance side, but I hear it sucks on that side just as much. Plus I have too much shop experience. The insurance like young and dumb so they can mold them.

Comment

Anybody think Fender Mender is part of this program?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  I've thought about going to the insurance side, but I hear it sucks on that side just as much. Plus I have too much shop experience. The insurance like young and dumb so they can mold them.
                  They was the only company I was willing to go . The best thing is you can actually take time off and not come back to a hornets nest. It's also nice to be home by 4:30 .

Comment

They called me today and asked if I had any questions about the program.

I asked "how do you fuckin sleep at night you goddamn prick?"
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced89lx View Post
                      It's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. If you don't conform then you won't be on the select service program very long. I do hope some of you independents and dealers get booted. That's more $$ for us mso's.

Scott are you back at caliber?
                      Yep, Dville.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        They called me today and asked if I had any questions about the program.

I asked "how do you fuckin sleep at night you goddamn prick?"
                        Parts trader caled and surveyed my estimator. He gave them 0's on everything but customer service. They are pleasant to deal with when you have to call them. I love that the system "forgets' to order parts sometimes.

Comment

LOL, I called in for an issue the other day and the guy said the phone rings constantly. He said it was good job security lol. He didn't have a reply when I said shouldn't he be more concerned with his program being liked and working correctly.

Comment

Working...
                          X