No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very tasty- we even got two free glasses-Bonus!

Comment

• ^ I had the lakewood raspberry temptress at luck this weekend too and then got a deep ellum cherry chocolate double brown stout at the foundary. Good stuff. i like the deep ellum more though, the chocolates'tiness was stronger.
      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

• Anyone going to the Big Texas Beer Fest? I went ahead and got a VIP ticket this year since the line to get in was so ridiculous last year. Going to take the DART down there so we can get good and drunk.

Comment

• Starr hill 'the love' tonight. Its a little too light and bland though.

Comment

• i had several new beers at the saucer last night but i cant remember which ones

got my beer of the month today. casco bay ipa and riptide, and rj rockers good boy stout and witty twister

i will say, that the beers ive gotten so far are from breweries ive never heard of (which is fine). i think this beer of the month club is trying to get some of these new/smaller guys some exposure.

Comment

• I have a new 'go to' IPA. The go to is usually something I can get at my local Alberstson's or Kroger when I don't want to venture out.
              Usually its New Belgium 'Rampant' or DogFish Head '60'. I found this 'Hop Thermia' from Alaskan and I'm really digging it.
              I think someone screwed up at the grocery store and didn't mean to order it becasue they couldn't get a price on it. When they decided to charge me 8.99 a 4 pack I told them I would take all four of the 4 packs they had on the shelf. 8.8 alc

Comment

• Nothing really "new" tonight. I decided to pull a pint of the winter warmer I brewed back in october since I haven't had any of it since Christmas. It's aging quite nicely. This would be really interesting after a year or more but I doubt I'll be able to stay out of it that long.

Comment

• Started with some St Arnold Weedwacker but at the moment this Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA is badass.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    Anyone going to the Big Texas Beer Fest? I went ahead and got a VIP ticket this year since the line to get in was so ridiculous last year. Going to take the DART down there so we can get good and drunk.

http://www.bigtexasbeerfest.com/tickets/
                    I worked at the inaugural and it was a complete cluster. It was WAY over sold and a lot of the tables ran out of beer in the first hour. I'm sure most of the people had a great time though.

As for my recent conquests it was the Barley Wine and Swine festival at the FW Saucer on Saturday. They roasted a pig on the patio and had about a dozen different Barley Wines on tap. I really enjoyed Victory's Old Horizontal but at 11% abv I couldn't have too many.

Also Rahr had Snowmageddon, Iron Thistle and a Milk Stout on tap Saturday. Iron Thistle is my current go to beer, too bad I only have a case and a half left

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                      I worked at the inaugural and it was a complete cluster. It was WAY over sold and a lot of the tables ran out of beer in the first hour. I'm sure most of the people had a great time though.
                      Besides the wait to get in I had a good time last time. Living out here in BFE I will use any excuse to get out and head east.

Comment

• Grabbed an abita party pack last weekend and wasn't let down by any of them.
                        Got some new ones last night.

Abita strawberry lager
                        Du claw cocoa fuego ( porter made w chocolate and chipotle peppers)
                        Washington's porter
                        Du claw sweet baby Jesus! ( chocolate and peanut butter porter)
                        Hibernator long trail
                        Morning glory espresso stout

And some Sam Adams cold snap
                        Last edited by lowthreeohz; 03-01-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          Grabbed an abita party pack last weekend and wasn't let down by any of them.
                          Got some new ones last night.

Abita strawberry lager
                          Du claw cocoa fuego ( porter made w chocolate and chipotle peppers)
                          Washington's porter
                          Du claw sweet baby Jesus! ( chocolate and peanut butter porter)Hibernator long trail
                          Morning glory espresso stout

And some Sam Adams cold snap
                          that sounds tasty

Comment

• Its pretty awesome, I picked up the last 2 bottles they had on the shelf, but its steadily stocked there. I still think we should do a craft/micro exchange thread.

Just googled it and mailing beer is illegal? Wtf?

Comment

• Well, this is different

Why Rye? This assertively flavorful grain is more often associated with whiskey than with ales. Even in that arena, it has largely been eclipsed by corn and barley, the sources of bourbon and scotch. But when we procured some seasoned barrels from our friends at Templeton Rye, we asked ourselves, “Why not?” Why not brew a rich, tawny rye ale, then mellow it in the warmth of charred oak rye whiskey casks? Two kinds of malted rye provide spicy sweetness, giving way to notes of caramelized wood and the citrusy tang of Perle, Magnum, and Saphir hops before easing into a dry, lingering finish.

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-01-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                Well, this is different

I had some of that back on the 8th.

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                Boulevard Rye on Rye tonight. Been sitting on this since May of last year and it was bottled January 2013. This one is so complex it's hard to pick apart. It's the closest thing I've tasted to rye whiskey that wasn't. I can close my eyes and inhale and you would swear it's a glass of whiskey. The taste is really something else. Rye, alcohol, oak, deep earthy fruit. I probably should have split this bottle with someone. It's a lot to take on in one session.

Comment

Working...
                                X