"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i havent tried any new brews lately

sidenote: ive probably had more beers from texas than any other state. kind of my mission

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      i havent tried any new brews lately

sidenote: ive probably had more beers from texas than any other state. kind of my mission
      There are 70 or so active breweries currently, plus probably 5x that many brew pubs. It'll take a while to complete that mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        I'll be down for the concert. That place will be insanely packed. It's barely big enough for the tours.

Keep me in the loop on that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
          If they manage to pull it off it'll be April 5th. Martin House only does tours on Saturdays and the Toadies are playing 6 nights a week somewhere otherwise. Todd is doing a solo gig at Lola's on 3/1 btw.

Comment

• For those of you who actually like the crap, yuengling is now making an ice cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Will do, but if its on 4/5 I won't be able to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                yeah, my roommate knows one of the co-owners and we were talking about that the last time we were up there. They said they're also gonna have an in-house concert.
                Any chance the concert your roommate was thinking about is Dallas Homegrown festival in May?

The only way I see Martin House holding a concert of that size is part of a local festival or they would have to hold it on the river bank behind the brewery.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  The only way I see Martin House holding a concert of that size is part of a local festival or they would have to hold it on the river bank behind the brewery.
                  I can't see the city giving them a permit for that, it'd compete with their own Panther Pavilion. They could sponsor the solo gig at Lola's though or maybe be a surprise guest with a band.

They could also be performing at the FW Music Festival and Martin House could be a sponsor of it. They haven't announced a lineup yet. Rahr was a feature sponsor last year and I'm sure will be again but Coors could take over the whole deal.

We've had 2200 people at Rahr for a Saturday tour and it was kind of ridiculous but manageable.

Untapped is next month btw.

Comment

• Picked up a few new ones last night for the impending snowpocalypse, will post up names if I remember tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Did Rahr send you any extra VIP passes? I will glady trade some mid 60's small black chevy parts for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        Did Rahr send you any extra VIP passes? I will glady trade some mid 60's small black chevy parts for them.
                        I didn't get any last year and probably won't this year either. Get your TABC and volunteer.

You usually get a t-shirt, some food, get to see some of the show and all the beer you can drink. At the last event I worked (not untapped) we carried away whatever was left since they can't sell it.

Comment

• Here's the info for the Rubberneck Red release. Sunday, March 16th. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.

Comment

• Awesome, Matt Hillyer is pretty cool by himself. South by So What is that same weekend so it'll probably take a lot of the crowd. It'll still sell out instantly if the local radio advertises it though.

Comment

• I was just sent a text about the concert at Martin House on the 16th. So there is no need to post this is there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                Here's the info for the Rubberneck Red release. Sunday, March 16th. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.

http://martinhousebrewing.com/2014/0...unch-march-16/
                                I was about to post that.
                                HD Parts
                                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                                X