Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Mustang ever sold still has original owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
    I would have the most ridiculous insurance policy on that car. That car gets stolen or totaled they would lose a butt load of money.
    You basically can't total that car. As long as the few square inches of sheet metal with the VIN stamped in it exists, it would be worth rebuilding.

Comment

One of the coolest car stories I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        After a tour of the showroom turned up nothing of interest, the salesman said “I’ve got something in the back that's really new" — a light blue Mustang convertible, fully loaded with a 260 V-8 and a power top.
        Reading owns me. Crazy how the paint faded to white like that.

Comment

I've never understood people who pay more for something because it was the first one, was owned by a famous person, or has some other perceived uniqueness; while in form and function it is one of many that are virtually identical.. I mean, I think it's a cool story, but that's all.

Don't get me wrong, I won't knock people for paying the premium. It makes no difference to me, I just don't see it.

Comment

Wasn't there a Dallas guy that bought the first Boss car a couple years ago?
            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
              I think it was by accident, too. The dealer meant to keep it for himself or something along those lines?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post

Yup, I remember that.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                I think it was by accident, too. The dealer meant to keep it for himself or something along those lines?
                Yeah, I don't think he even realized it until a day or two later.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  I've never understood people who pay more for something because it was the first one, was owned by a famous person, or has some other perceived uniqueness; while in form and function it is one of many that are virtually identical.. I mean, I think it's a cool story, but that's all.

Don't get me wrong, I won't knock people for paying the premium. It makes no difference to me, I just don't see it.
                  It's strange that you can't comprehend why people would pay more for something unique with history behind it
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    It's strange that you can't comprehend why people would pay more for something unique with history behind it
                    I'm too utilitarian I guess. Have never been a "collector" of stuff. Just wired differently apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Arabs will always pay top dollar for a cherry white girl.

Comment

Working...
                      X