Title question (and credit fraud)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title question (and credit fraud)

I do not think there is much we can do but not sure were to look so figured I would ask some of the people here.

We had a customer that had his mom helping him buy a car. The made payments on time using the same card for 1 1/2 years and never had a problem.. then last month He came in with the card and paid it off.. (only owed about $900) and we gave him the title. Didnt think anything of it because of the history.

Well turns out the mom did not authorize him to use the card to pay that big of an amount so she filed it stolen and reversed the payment. So now the guy has the title still owes a balance on the car. He no longer will except calls and will not contact us and mom is no help.

I guess my question.. legally can we repossess this car since he has the title? Should we just take the hit of $900 and walk away? Do we have any rights to the car since we no longer have the title. I think what probably happened was he wanted to sell it and got the title and ran. But anyways Just curious.

You can scare/threaten him with lawsuit, fraud charges, etc. But at the end of the day, that $900 is gone
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I say find a lawyer to write a nice/nasty letter letting him know he committed fraud and that you are going to sue him and make him liable for all fees. if he does not pay you the funds or surrender the car.

Comment

Gas tank, sugar.... Done
        Originally posted by soap
        i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

In TX what he did is the same a stealing the car.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

You shouldn't have handed over the title until you knew the payment cleared. Hell, you shouldn't have been taking payments from a card that didn't have his name on it. Are you a car lot, or just doing owner finance?

Comment

Potentially theft by conversion? Talk to an attorney, the amount might rise to felony status.

Comment

#JustinSN95problems
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  #JustinSN95problems
                  #ohShitHashTags!

Comment

Go repo the car you were listed as lien holder hopefully and in court you can show what happend if you do go to court
                    Very unlikely and I mean very most people that have to buy a car like this can not afford the court costs plus a lawyer hire a lawyer and sue for
                    Your lost time wages and attorney costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X