Riverwalk bars and restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverwalk bars and restaurants

I'm at the Hyatt Regency for the next few days for work shit. No car. Looking to hit a couple spots on the Riverwalk within short walking distance of this hotel. I'm sure I can stumble around and just find something, but figure with all the experts here...

Laid back bar with a patio on the water? Must try Mexican joints? Night-time party place with good music and a 30-something white folks crowd? Maybe some pool tables?

Again, the key is proximity to this hotel. I don't want to dick with transportation and just want to crawl back to my room later.

TIA

san antonio?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by baron View Post
      san antonio?
      10-4.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        I'm at the Hyatt Regency for the next few days for work shit. No car. Looking to hit a couple spots on the Riverwalk within short walking distance of this hotel. I'm sure I can stumble around and just find something, but figure with all the experts here...

Laid back bar with a patio on the water? Must try Mexican joints? Night-time party place with good music and a 30-something white folks crowd? Maybe some pool tables?

Again, the key is proximity to this hotel. I don't want to dick with transportation and just want to crawl back to my room later.

TIA
        white people? san antonio?

Comment

Casa Del Rio has some pretty damn good "chili' and their margaritas rock. Their food used to be pretty damned good and cheap ( I order the Deluxe and a bowl of Chili), but here lately its been sub par, but their chili con carne was still rocking as of two weekends ago.

Shilo's right upstairs on Commerce has some kick ass breakfast and lunch too. German owned place with some nice beerz on tap. Their rootbeer is homemade served in a frozen mug.

St. Pauli, Paulaner, Pilsner Urguell, Warsteiner

On Tap
          Shiner Bock, Spaten, Spaten Optimator
          Last edited by Rick Modena; 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i think mi tierra is the one we've always gone to. it has a small bakery apart of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              i think mi tierra is the one we've always gone to. it has a small bakery apart of it.
              Only problem is they are always packed, their bakery is worth going in and out for though.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                white people? san antonio?
                That's all I've seen so far in the hotel. I figure the locals avoid the touristy shit.

Comment

I was there last weekend. Just about every restUrant there is a mexican joint. Just go have dinner, crowd watch and have a few drinks. Every place has an outdoor patio...

Comment

Check out Boudro's, its the best food I've had on the riverwalk. Their specialty is blackened prime rib, and it was damn good.

2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Download the "Urban Spoon" app. Use the "Shake" function and let it use your current location. Only go to the places with 78% plus on the reviews. I have never had a bad meal using this while traveling.

Comment

Rita's on the River
                        Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

Ended up at Howl at the Moon (good time) and then ate late at Original Mexican Restaurant (not good at all). The Riverwalk is a bitch to navigate and not a god damned person could give directions worth a shit. Anyway, got wasted and had fun. Now for meetings all day. Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Casa Del Rio has some pretty damn good "chili' and their margaritas rock. Their food used to be pretty damned good and cheap ( I order the Deluxe and a bowl of Chili), but here lately its been sub par, but their chili con carne was still rocking as of two weekends ago.

Shilo's right upstairs on Commerce has some kick ass breakfast and lunch too. German owned place with some nice beerz on tap. Their rootbeer is homemade served in a frozen mug.

St. Pauli, Paulaner, Pilsner Urguell, Warsteiner

On Tap
                            Shiner Bock, Spaten, Spaten Optimator
                            I'm a fan of Casa Rio and my wife loves Shilo's. We tried Rio Rio a few weeks ago and while the food was good the service was terrible. Not to mention the manager decided to sweep the rugs during a lunch rush, meaning everyone got to eat some dust.

If you venture closer to Broadway there is a Culinary Institute of America campus inside the old Pearl Brewery. They have an onsite retail bakery that's supposed to be awesome, I haven't tried it though. I have however been to La Gloria which is right around the corner and is owned by one of their grads and most of the employees are students. They are clearly over staffed and everyone is very professional. Aweosme food, cheap prices, spectacular service and it's right next to the riverwalk expansion.

Comment

I always eat at Casa Rio or La Margarita...and hit the bars on the riverwalk after that. Hooters in the mall is not a bad hang out spot. (bar)
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X