More 401k questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More 401k questions

Using Fidelity, my company auto enrolled me in a target 2050 fund. Not knowing WTH I'm doing, I've just left it there. A director within my group told me he's got 2 funds he moved his money to which have been doing him well and suggested since I'm young-ish I should do the same. But again with me not knowing anything, I've been weary of doing much (anything).

Currently I have it all in the target 2050 fund. He suggested I check out Fidelity's Growth Fund, and the Small Cap Value Fund. I'm kind of at a loss and would like some insight. Any worthwhile info is appreciated.

How old are you?

Comment

The ship has sailed if you're trying to get in now imo. It won't be long before the market drops again.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        The ship has sailed if you're trying to get in now imo. It won't be long before the market drops again.

I hate it when people say shit like this. 401k's are about long term
        (30+ years), not what is going to happen next week.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
          Using Fidelity, my company auto enrolled me in a target 2050 fund. Not knowing WTH I'm doing, I've just left it there. A director within my group told me he's got 2 funds he moved his money to which have been doing him well and suggested since I'm young-ish I should do the same. But again with me not knowing anything, I've been weary of doing much (anything).

Currently I have it all in the target 2050 fund. He suggested I check out Fidelity's Growth Fund, and the Small Cap Value Fund. I'm kind of at a loss and would like some insight. Any worthwhile info is appreciated.
          It's not like I'm doing anything these days, lmao. Pm me with times (preferably evening) and I can talk through anything you need.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Which kind of sucks, because I'm sure these short-term forecasts are deadly accurate.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Which kind of sucks, because I'm sure these short-term forecasts are deadly accurate.
              I used them to buy cow skin rugs on the daily.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                It's not like I'm doing anything these days, lmao. Pm me with times (preferably evening) and I can talk through anything you need.
                I had thought about PMing you, but figured you get harassed enough on the board and this seems like it should be general enough that it wouldn't be worth your time. I'm trying to close on a house Friday and things are getting hectic, so i'll shoot you a PM with some info but i'm not horribly rushed at this point. I appreciate it, btw.

AAG, I just turned 29.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Just because its long term it doesn't mean you don't invest your money wisely in your portfolio.

Comment

You need to invest wisely, but people's risk tolerances are different so something you might think is great, he might think is too conservative or too aggressive. Talk to a professional and see what you think is best.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Talk to a professional and see what you think is best.
                      Word, see if you can find one of these guys.

Comment

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          I had thought about PMing you, but figured you get harassed enough on the board and this seems like it should be general enough that it wouldn't be worth your time. I'm trying to close on a house Friday and things are getting hectic, so i'll shoot you a PM with some info but i'm not horribly rushed at this point. I appreciate it, btw.

AAG, I just turned 29.
                          Let me know when. Everyone else, I have more free time these days so let me know if I can help anyone else out with this type of stuff.

Comment

im on the 2055 plan and up 35% this year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                              im on the 2055 plan and up 35% this year so far.
                              Maybe if you include your contributions, since the 2055 plan is up 11.6% YTD.

Comment

Working...
                              X