ATM Fraud! Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATM Fraud! Beware

Long story short...Tuesday morning I stop to get gas and my debit card declined 4 times. So I'm like WTF? I get to work and see that my bank account is 2800+ negative/overdrawn. So I immediately call and cancel my ATM card (keep in mind my ATM card has not left my wallet)

So I leave work and drive to my Credit Union to dispute the charges. At first the Branch Manage is not buying my store because he states that ATM with draws on my account show to that my card and pin were used. So at that time I'm getting PISSED!

After further investigation turns out that a few other CU members and other bank members had this happened to them on MLK day.

Anyone have this happened to them? I got my money put back on my account today but still that shit was scary never had that happen to me before! I mean I hear of this happening to others but this time it was my turn.

RANT............
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
    Long story short...Tuesday morning I stop to get gas and my debit card declined 4 times. So I'm like WTF? I get to work and see that my bank account is 2800+ negative/overdrawn. So I immediately call and cancel my ATM card (keep in mind my ATM card has not left my wallet)

So I leave work and drive to my Credit Union to dispute the charges. At first the Branch Manage is not buying my store because he states that ATM with draws on my account show to that my card and pin were used. So at that time I'm getting PISSED!

After further investigation turns out that a few other CU members and other bank members had this happened to them on MLK day.

Anyone have this happened to them? I got my money put back on my account today but still that shit was scary never had that happen to me before! I mean I hear of this happening to others but this time it was my turn.

RANT............
    So what was the scam?
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      So what was the scam?
      His ESL class?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Sorry...scammers going around making ATM cards and not sure how but getting access to your PIN# and withdrawing all your money from your bank account and if your like me that checks bank account like every two weeks or so, you might be in for a surprise. I normally try to pay cash.

And I didnt take ESL (ESE classes)
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

He probably got nailed by an ATM skimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            He probably got nailed by an ATM skimmer.
            I did I did

Comment

Gotcha-that SUCKS!
              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Same thing happened to Lyn, but the charges were all in New York (last year). They said someone uses a CC machine, makes a new card with their own name on it and somehow links it to a valid account. Not sure how the hell they do that, but our credit union took care of it all.

Comment

i saw something on the news a few weeks ago about how a guy could just walk by you with some gadget in a bag and pull all the info off your card. I can't remeber what news it was and I can't find it but it was VERY SCARY how much info he was getting from these people that would participate on the street for demonstrations.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                    i saw something on the news a few weeks ago about how a guy could just walk by you with some gadget in a bag and pull all the info off your card. I can't remeber what news it was and I can't find it but it was VERY SCARY how much info he was getting from these people that would participate on the street for demonstrations.
                    That depends on whether or not you have an RFID chip in your card. Even then, if it is an ATM card he would need some method ot get your PIN number.

With an ATM skimmer, not only is there a fake magenetic strip reader for you to scan your card through, but there is also a camera that captures you inputting your pin number. The camera is usually a pin hole camera and can be pretty difficult to spot.

Comment

I got an email the other night from I-tunes that was a receipt for the $50 I just spent with them. I asked the little woman if she bought anything there because my credit card is onfile. Nope. So I called CitiBank and told them about it and they looked into it and said it was a fraud connected with Classmates.com, which another big time scam. Anyway, they sent me a new credit card in 72 hours.

Oh, and "Fucking thieves".
                      sigpic
                      Old Fords Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post

RANT............
                        Found the problem!

So are you getting you're money back?

Comment

Card skimming is easy squeezy.

Comment

All the more reason to use a credit card. That way they're stealing the bank's money, not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                              All the more reason to use a credit card. That way they're stealing the bank's money, not yours.
                              Yea, that is one big advantage of a CC. Also, you get more time to report the fraud than you do with a debit card.

That's why I have email alerts for any charge over $100 on my debit card and I get another if my balance is below $500.

Comment

Working...
                              X