Need a plumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a plumber

Anyone know a good plumber? Im not looking for a hookup, just an honest plumber. I had a company out today for an estimate and obviously they are smoking crack. They want $3500 to move 2 drains over 3 feet and add a sink drain. This isnt a 50-55 hour job. I could do the job in 8. A plumber should be able to do it in 5-6. If I cant get a reasonable quote, I will end up doing it myself.

do it yourself.. you wont get it done in 8 hours.

post a pic of what you are trying to do.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

It's on pier and beam. We are down to the subfloor that will be pulled up so they don't even have to crawl under the house. If they can't do it in 5-6 hours they probably should choose a new profession

Comment

ahh yes, you should be able to do it in 8 hours. get to plummin'!
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

That's the "I don't want to do it, but I will if I can make big money" price. I did contact my plumber, and he had no interest in doing it. With all the new construction, they can pick and choose which jobs to do.

Comment

Thanks Randy.. I figured that was a nonsense price of "Im not interested". Honestly, I wish people would just say that. I had one guy turn down the job today because he said he is pretty busy and just wasnt interested. I understand. My brother in law's girlfriend's dad may end up helping me out.

Naynay.. I may end up doing it. I have plumbed a toilet or two and a couple sinks. I have faith I can do it...but I have been working 60-75 hours a week at work. Im ready to just have it done rather than delay a week and do it myself...but for that money, I'll be doing it.

Comment

its basically what vertnut said, i hate doing jobs like that and turn them down all the time. i only do shit like that for immediate family. what part of town are you in? i bet i know someone who would take the job.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Im in Keller...

Comment

Check your PMs

Edit** my buddy says he doesn't go out that far. Sorry about that.
                  Last edited by Ted; 09-09-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I should have been a plumber.

Comment

Why, so you could make an honest living and be comfortable enough to turn money down; only to be scrutinized by parts store guys and stay at home dads over the internet?!

Jajajajaja
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        Why, so you could make an honest living and be comfortable enough to turn money down; only to be scrutinized by parts store guys and stay at home dads over the internet?!

Jajajajaja
                        No. So I can be a troll like you.

I was being facetious, if you know the definition....

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          Anyone know a good plumber? Im not looking for a hookup, just an honest plumber. I had a company out today for an estimate and obviously they are smoking crack. They want $3500 to move 2 drains over 3 feet and add a sink drain. This isnt a 50-55 hour job. I could do the job in 8. A plumber should be able to do it in 5-6. If I cant get a reasonable quote, I will end up doing it myself.

Messaged you.
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            No. So I can be a troll like you.

I was being facetious, if you know the definition....
                            But.....he said he was done trolling?! He started his own thread about it and everything!

Comment

plumbing is a cakewalk in a pier and beam house...

I subbed out a bunch of shit on my house, but I did all the plumbing. I'd just DIY
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X