I just watched someone die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
    Maroon color? If so that wasn't an explorer. It was a jeep Cherokee. She died soon after. Never came out of the coma. Completly crushed every thing on her left side. They pulled bark and splinters from her face and scull. Passenger is my IT guy. They just left the bar and he was too drunk to drive. She went off the side of the road while arguing with him and over corrected .

Yeah It was Maroon I believe. Happened about 3:30pm and alcohol was involved, I saw beer bottles in the vehicle. And this guy was kinda big, bald head and keep talking about not wanting to go back to jail. He pissed me off with not trying to help her. She was hanging down and I keep telling him to get in there support her head and comfort her.
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

good for you for trying... I'm the idiot that jumped out of my car on the right side of I-30, ran across 3 lanes of traffic and jumped the median to help a guy that had just flipped his truck going the other way (was a crazy sight seeing this guy flip the truck coming toward me too)
        and I'm the guy that jumped in the pool fully dressed a couple weeks ago at a party because one of the kids (3 years old) fell in the pool
        etc etc... I'm not much to standing by and watching so I'm glad to see other people helping
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
          Yeah It was Maroon I believe. Happened about 3:30pm and alcohol was involved, I saw beer bottles in the vehicle. And this guy was kinda big, bald head and keep talking about not wanting to go back to jail. He pissed me off with not trying to help her. She was hanging down and I keep telling him to get in there support her head and comfort her.
          Yeah the guy is kind of a dip Shit . His kids kinda dumb also but tolerable. He just started putting on muscle three or four years ago. Was kind of a small guy then one day meat head like over nite. Steroids.

He's recently divorced a couple years ago. His life is a train wreck right now. Went from huge house Harleys cars to what he has now , a run down trailer home and v6 vert mustang and 800 a month in child support payments play alimony .

Aparently he took her to the bar to break up or something like that. He started getting death threats from her family. They didn't approve of the relationship to begin with. So he's moved and shacking up with another chic.

Now all this is coming from his son who is on my team.
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
            good for you for trying... I'm the idiot that jumped out of my car on the right side of I-30, ran across 3 lanes of traffic and jumped the median to help a guy that had just flipped his truck going the other way (was a crazy sight seeing this guy flip the truck coming toward me too)
            and I'm the guy that jumped in the pool fully dressed a couple weeks ago at a party because one of the kids (3 years old) fell in the pool
            etc etc... I'm not much to standing by and watching so I'm glad to see other people helping
            Remember the chick in the truck on the way back from Christian's? The one that almost killed Dodson lol
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I have seen many people die...you get past it

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Solid point. Driving the LA freeways at night is like being in a fucking video game.
                The San Diego freeway is usually one big parking lot from LA to SD Eric. I'm surprised the guy had enough room to get to 110mph.

It sucks that you had to see this but shit does happen. You did the best that you could.

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                  Sorry you had to witness that -

I was driving in San Diego week before last on the 15 from San Marcos down to Del Mar. I couldnt help but notice how dark it was . I had a hard time seeing. Maybe the case here too ?
                  It was crazy dark. Right by the ocean and near an AFB where there's nothing. Had I been able to see better, there's a slight chance I would have got there in time. Pitch black, chest high brush, barbed wire and flip flops is not a good combo.

I did eveything I could, there were dozens of cars that didn't even stop.

The article was revised and said he died instantly, but he didn't. He was still alive when I gave my statement to the cops and air flight was in route. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    "No injuries on the train were reported."

Color me surprised.
                    If you notice in the pic, the car has no engine. It was stuck to the train.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      I have seen many people die...you get past it
                      This. Good for you for trying to help, but you have to remember you didn't put them in that situation, and can't let things get to you.
                      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                        Reminds me of a story with my Dad. We were driving to Pittsburgh for a Pirates game years ago. Dump truck in front of us on the highway loses control somehow and flips, and immediatlely goes up in flames. Most peoples' instincts would have them avoid the situation, but without hesitation my Dad jumps out and runs to help the driver. I'm pretty sure at that moment my Dad would have passed Bo Jackson in a race. It really left a mark on me, will never forget. I would hope someone would do the same for me if I was in that situation.

Comment

2 crazy wrecks stand out in my memory...1 of them I witnessed in full. Someone died in both. In 94 coming home from Traders Village on Labor Day weekend I came up on a wreck involving a Dodge Shadow which looked like it had struck a very solid object from the front and an older Nissan Maxima about 30 yards further down the freeway. The Shadow had a mid 20's couple in it....both doors were jammed shut and both of them were bleeding heavily. The female passenger was lucid and talking as people tried prying the door open, while the male driver was semi-conscious and staring blindly at people who were trying to help him. He hit the steering wheel extremely hard and was coughing up blood. There wasn't much I could do with them since they were pinned in the car and people were helping them already so I looked for the other vehicles involved. I noticed the Maxima down the road with obvious damage so I went to see if the occupants were ok but couldn't figure out where they were (both front windows were shattered and the sunroof was open). After hollering at random people asking who was the driver...I discovered in horror...he was UNDER his car which landed right side up. He was apparently thrown from it as it rolled and ended up underneath it as it dripped fuel and antifreeze on him. After asking a few people to help lift the car with little response I began screaming as loudly as I could at everyone ORDERING them to help lift the car up so he could be dragged out from under it. Several people came over and helped and we dragged him out. He was unconscious and not breathing so I began CPR which I learned in Boy Scouts and continued until paramedics arrived. Once authorities arrived I left and went to work. I called a friend of my fathers who was a Dville PD sargeant later and asked if he could find out anything. The man driving the Shadow died from extensive internal injuries...his girlfriend was in ICU but was expected to be ok. The man who was thrown from his Maxima which I performed CPR on survived miraculously. I have never found out anything further about it.

The second one...I was driving to work at DART one early morning around 5:30 and right where I35 meets I30 in downtown a car filled with women in front of me decided at the very last second they needed to go WEST instead of EAST as they were passing the turn. The driver tried to suddenly make the turn and plowed at full speed into the barrels and the car was violently spun around at least twice and stopped in the middle of the freeway. One passenger was ejected thru the passenger side window and flew about 30 feet...over the retaining wall and into the DART HOV lane. I slammed on the brakes....stopped and backed up on 35 and blocked the lane as I called 911. I was expecting the ejected passenger to be dead as I checked on her but discovered her in a lot of pain laying in the HOV lane so I did what I could to help her until DPD and Dallas Fire and rescue arrived. She apparently survived.
                          Unfortunately the driver of the car did not.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            2 crazy wrecks stand out in my memory...1 of them I witnessed in full. Someone died in both. In 94 coming home from Traders Village on Labor Day weekend I came up on a wreck involving a Dodge Shadow which looked like it had struck a very solid object from the front and an older Nissan Maxima about 30 yards further down the freeway. The Shadow had a mid 20's couple in it....both doors were jammed shut and both of them were bleeding heavily. The female passenger was lucid and talking as people tried prying the door open, while the male driver was semi-conscious and staring blindly at people who were trying to help him. He hit the steering wheel extremely hard and was coughing up blood. There wasn't much I could do with them since they were pinned in the car and people were helping them already so I looked for the other vehicles involved. I noticed the Maxima down the road with obvious damage so I went to see if the occupants were ok but couldn't figure out where they were (both front windows were shattered and the sunroof was open). After hollering at random people asking who was the driver...I discovered in horror...he was UNDER his car which landed right side up. He was apparently thrown from it as it rolled and ended up underneath it as it dripped fuel and antifreeze on him. After asking a few people to help lift the car with little response I began screaming as loudly as I could at everyone ORDERING them to help lift the car up so he could be dragged out from under it. Several people came over and helped and we dragged him out. He was unconscious and not breathing so I began CPR which I learned in Boy Scouts and continued until paramedics arrived. Once authorities arrived I left and went to work. I called a friend of my fathers who was a Dville PD sargeant later and asked if he could find out anything. The man driving the Shadow died from extensive internal injuries...his girlfriend was in ICU but was expected to be ok. The man who was thrown from his Maxima which I performed CPR on survived miraculously. I have never found out anything further about it.

The second one...I was driving to work at DART one early morning around 5:30 and right where I35 meets I30 in downtown a car filled with women in front of me decided at the very last second they needed to go WEST instead of EAST as they were passing the turn. The driver tried to suddenly make the turn and plowed at full speed into the barrels and the car was violently spun around at least twice and stopped in the middle of the freeway. One passenger was ejected thru the passenger side window and flew about 30 feet...over the retaining wall and into the DART HOV lane. I slammed on the brakes....stopped and backed up on 35 and blocked the lane as I called 911. I was expecting the ejected passenger to be dead as I checked on her but discovered her in a lot of pain laying in the HOV lane so I did what I could to help her until DPD and Dallas Fire and rescue arrived. She apparently survived.
                            Unfortunately the driver of the car did not.
                            Glad that person made it. So far I have done CPR twice. Neither person survived.
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Glad that person made it. So far I have done CPR twice. Neither person survived.
                              They rarely do.
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                                They rarely do.
                                I'm only expecting it to get worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X