I just watched someone die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched someone die

So, I'm driving down to San Diego for work this week. An older silver Accord flies by doing 110 or so, I don't think anything of it at the time.

Several miles down I5, I see brake lights and smoke. I'm the second car to stop, first car peeps stay in car and call 911.

I can't immediately see the Accord, it went off the highway and there's a 20-30 foot drop off going down to the coast. Finally see lights on the car and it landed on train tracks. I'm fighting my way through the dark, tall weeds and barbed wire to get to the car and here comes a train! Car was stopped less than 45 seconds and got hit. Driver didn't get out. He had compound fractures of both legs and one arm and head trauma, but was breathing. I thought he was going to make it but must have had internal injuries too.

So sad, so young. Be careful out there! I'm not used to seeing shit like this, I hope I can sleep tonight.

you stopped and did what you could, that is what matters. let this be a lesson to all of us about driving so fast..

Comment

Damn. God knows you Tried.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

That is one of my worst fears every time I see a bad accident and stop to help.
        Street car.

Comment

God bless you. I wonder why he was going so fast. might have been an emergency.

Comment

A few months a ago almost the same thing. I was going down John Day Rd., a small country road, and a ford explore came flying around me. A few minutes later I round the corner to see it flip on the passenger side. A women driver making god awful sounds that I'll never forget. She was mangled up because when she lost control she hit a tree on the driver side door, which the door itself still wrapped around. The male passenger was ok for the most part, I busted out sun roof to get him out, she had to be cut out. By the time first responders got there she was unresponsive. A week later driving down that road I saw a cross on the tree that she hit.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

"No injuries on the train were reported."

Color me surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                "No injuries on the train were reported."

Color me surprised.
                Lawyers havent contacted passengers yet....

Comment

Good on you for trying to stop and help.

Just in the metroplex back home I have come up on a lot of accidents and (tried) to help.

Drunk teenager rolled his CJ Jeep in The Bottoms off Green Oaks. Picked up him and drove him to his PISSED off but thankful parents.

Another teenager came around a icey corner down off John T White (again in the bottoms) and slammed right into a tree. We got him out and calmed him down for the paramedics to arrive. That was on Christmas day and his folks called us so thankful that we helped.

Drove up on a guy who laid his motorcycle down. He was about 50ft in front of it with a river of blood coming from his head down the length of his body into the curb. As I ran up, he had just started to piss himself and I watched him draw his last breath.

Won't even get into the shit I have seen here back in my days of running the roads and flying all around Afghanistan.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Spend enough time on the road and you will see plenty of this. The one that I can't get over seeing is an entire family getting wiped out between Palm Springs and the AZ state line on Hwy 10 in 4/05. Seat belted mom driver made it, seat belted passenger dad did not; 3 un-seat belted children playing in the back of the SUV all got discharged from the truck as it rolled and were crushed. One of the boys lasted a little while but passed before help could get there but he was a goner anyway.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-09-2013, 06:53 AM.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Damn dude. You did everything you could. People drive crazy in Cali. Even by my standards.

Comment

Sorry you had to witness that -

I was driving in San Diego week before last on the 15 from San Marcos down to Del Mar. I couldnt help but notice how dark it was . I had a hard time seeing. Maybe the case here too ?

Comment

Glad you stopped to help. Sorry you had to see that. If it didn't bother you, then it'd be time to worry. Nothing wrong with talking it out with people you trust.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Damn dude. You did everything you could. People drive crazy in Cali. Even by my standards.
                            In SoCal they do, the people in NorCal drive like fucking slugs

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                              In SoCal they do, the people in NorCal drive like fucking slugs

Solid point. Driving the LA freeways at night is like being in a fucking video game.

Comment

Working...
                              X