Just quit my job too!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just quit my job too!!

Got a call on Monday from another company offering me a similar position with slightly better pay but much better benefits. I wasnt really considering it because I work from home and this position requires me in the office. Well I get a call today from my boss in TX (I'm in Florida) and he says we are cutting your pay roughly $25,000 becuase its hard to maintain you working from home. Gave me some excuses about more phone calls and having to wait on the mail etc. etc. I told him I understood and got off the phone called the other company and took the job. I start on Feb. 14th. I sent a fax to my old boss giving my two weeks as well as mailed a certified copy. I get a call from him saying you are done today you selfish P.O.S. Nothing felt better than hanging up on his ranting knowing I never have to hear from him again.

Just had to let somebody know. Ill be going out and celebrating tonight for sure. Moral of the story always explore options and keep your networking alive. A
    $25k pay cut would have bankrupt my family right now with the wife back in school.

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Congrat's! Always nice to turn in notice and leave.

Comment

Man 25k is bs, good for you!

Comment

nice. I would love to work from home. So is your old job going to be vacant?

Comment

Damn thats a serious cut those assholes wanted you to take. Congrats on the new job.

Comment

Thanks its bittersweet because I was there 4 years and liked it but after this attitude coming out and cutting my pay almost in half. He knew I cant live on half my pay. Oh and on the same call cutting my pay he told me he just bought a Porsche Cayman S and I should drive it when I'm back in dallas. Asshole.

Comment

mstng86- You dont want it. Trust me. They wont hire anyone to work from home anymore and benefits SUCK. Plus entry pay now is only 26k a year if they will even hire to replace me.

Comment

I want to quit my job but the company I work for pays me to sit around all day doing nothing and the stupid fuckers think I'm worth something. I'm afraid if I go to another company they will see the real me and fire me before I get a chance to leave my ass print in the chair. I guess I'll stay here and fuck the dog until retierment roles around.

Oh and congrats man. Best of luck with the new gig.
                  Last edited by Blame Canada; 01-20-2011, 03:44 PM.
                  I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Congratulations! What a douche bring up a new car while telling you your pay was being cut.
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 98 Ram Air View Post
                      mstng86- You dont want it. Trust me. They wont hire anyone to work from home anymore and benefits SUCK. Plus entry pay now is only 26k a year if they will even hire to replace me.
                      Uh, yea no thanks.

Comment

Lol @ him calling you selfish, after cutting your pay in half and bragging about his brand new Porsche.

If you really want to chap his ass, tell him only gashes drive Caymans, S model or not.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Should have told the boss that he should be happy because you are now saving the company double the money they planned on saving at your position.

Comment

Well played!

I think that as the job market begins to recover we are going to hear a lot more of these stories. Lots of people hanging on to shitty jobs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                              Should have told the boss that he should be happy because you are now saving the company double the money they planned on saving at your position.
                              Where were you while I was on the phone with him?

Comment

Working...
                              X