Dirt track racing tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt track racing tomorrow?

Looking to take some out of town company to the races tomorrow. Had planned to make a trip over to Devils Bowl but would like to be home before midnight. Plus it is about 70 miles one way so getting home before midnight is not likely! Noticed several tracks are not running tomorrow (9/7/13)? Is there a large race some where in the area?

Looking for some place that might be running Sprint Cars or Late Models.

I was just out at Devils Bowl a few Saturday nights ago. The fields are getting smaller as the season is ending. There was still some good racing, just nothing like you'll see at the beginning of the year.

Comment

It's the last race of the season for the Devils Bowl.

Comment

I don't think with the fields so small that any of the points battles are close enough to matter, so not sure how exciting the racing is gonna be.

Comment

Probably going to call Cowtown and see if they are running. I could not find a current schedule for them.

Kennedale - shows no racing
          Rpm - racing at 7
          Devils Bowl - racing at 8:30 (starting that late it must be 2-3am when they finish??)
          Boyd - runs Friday nights

Any where else around the area? Not sure where all the tracks are around here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
            Probably going to call Cowtown and see if they are running. I could not find a current schedule for them.

Kennedale - shows no racing
            Rpm - racing at 7
            Devils Bowl - racing at 8:30 (starting that late it must be 2-3am when they finish??)
            Boyd - runs Friday nights

Any where else around the area? Not sure where all the tracks are around here.
            Good luck cowtown has been closed for a now

Comment

If you want to see a full field of sprint cars you have two options this weekend, Devils Bowl or Heart O Texas in Waco. KSP is taking the weekend off, so some of those cars may go to the bowl. Personally I'd make the trek to Waco. There'll be probably close to 30 cars there, not to mention that's where I'll be racing at tonight.

Also, if you go to Waco you won't be home by midnight, but you'll be in the car headed that way around 10:30 or 11, we make a point to run our feature first for situations like this, and plus people don't want to wait until midnight or later to see the headlining class run.

Comment

What time does Devils Bowl usually get through with their races?

Comment

I'm not sure, I don't race there.

Comment

Oh well thanks for the info anyway. Good luck this evening! We may or may not go. Everyone is wanting to head home early tomorrow (Rockport and Ft. Smith Arkansas), so I was trying to find something we could be home around 11 or so.

I probably will wait to make my trip to the races until the 20-21 at the TMS dirt track event.

Comment

owner of the bowl is a buddy of mine, said they will be done by 10:30. KSP has no racing due to imca nats in Boone, Iowa. Sportmod nats in Waco at HOT, along with $1K to win mini sprints.
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Devils Bowl will be done by 11. Like I said, the fields are small!!

Comment

We are on the far west side of Fort Worth (Tarrant Parker county line actually). So if we left the track at 11 it would be 12:30 probably before we made it home. Just a bit late for my company (mid 70's).

Comment

281 Speedway, Stephenville.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              281 Speedway, Stephenville.
                              Yo dude, are you down here?
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X