In the market for 2000 Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SEB View Post
    Yes T-56, But a big cam combined with a Ford 9inch & 4.10s = 15 City 21 Hwy, On the way back from La Porte I think I got as good as 26 Hwy
    Why not just go to a taller gear and get the A/C working how it should? No reason to park a car you just spent a good amount of money on if a few simple changes make it work for your needs.

Comment

You are not factoring in the mileage, wear/tear of driving the Fbody daily. He bought it as a toy, I assume, he needs a daily.

First time the oil pump starves the LSx he will be out close to what the civic cost after rebuild/ upgrades.
      Last edited by naynay; 09-01-2013, 08:11 PM.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Get an EX. Its better on gas, uses 87, cheaper to insure, less of a theft magnet

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
          Get an EX. Its better on gas, uses 87, cheaper to insure, less of a theft magnet
          I concur

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            My 97 ex 5 spd got 34 mpg no matter how I abused it. I am sure if you were conscious of shift points you could get much better. Granted, it didn't have any balls, but the fuel milage was good.

I saw a white coupe like mine tonight at the store. Reminded me how much I miss that car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
              The 06 and up doesn't get 50mpg. 99.5 thru 03 will. The 04 change fuel injection and the mpg went down.
              How are the auto's with 200k+?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                How are the auto's with 200k+?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                What years? 05 and older are not very trust worthy and lose several mpg. 05.5 and newer are dsg which are dependable (they are basically a standard trans that is electronically shifted) and get the same as a standard trans in mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  You are not factoring in the mileage, wear/tear of driving the Fbody daily. He bought it as a toy, I assume, he needs a daily.

First time the oil pump starves the LSx he will be out close to what the civic cost after rebuild/ upgrades.
                  Ding Ding, Its a rare car & has just a shade under 75,000 miles & more of a toy. Want to sell my 95 Mustang GT & get a VW TDI with them getting 50 mpg claims. I have to own one once in my life & see what all the talk Is really about. So the 2006 models are not as dependable as the earlier years?
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

No the 06's autos are good. The 06 started as a 05.5 year and they have the dsg auto. But once again your not going to see 50mpg in those models. Only the 99.5 thru 03 get that knd of mileage and the reality is they get 45-47. Only people that drive alot of highway and slow and carefull are getting 50+as an average. My 06 sees an average of 37 mpg. On a road trip running 75-80 it still only gets 38-39.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                      Ding Ding, Its a rare car & has just a shade under 75,000 miles & more of a toy. Want to sell my 95 Mustang GT & get a VW TDI with them getting 50 mpg claims. I have to own one once in my life & see what all the talk Is really about. So the 2006 models are not as dependable as the earlier years?
                      So you're in the market for a vw lol
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        So you're in the market for a vw lol
                        Is that what the thread title says
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.