In the market for 2000 Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for 2000 Civic Si

Well I am split between Royse City & Garland since my daughter Is now enrolled in school out in RC & my girl & son & family live in Garland. So I found myself driving 35 miles from Garland to RC to take her to school in the morning & 35 miles back. But some of my jobs I have to drive back to Garland & end up making the trip twice & last week I ended up doing right at $200 in fuel.

My Buddy WhiteLXPony off here suggested the VW TDI & need to do more research on them. But want something I can drive that gets at least 35 mpg & still get most of my money back when I go to sell it.

My plan is to run the business out of RC now & make the Comute with the Civic from Garland to RC in the morning & I have my employee who now lives out on the property (DAMN THEIVES KEEP TRYING TO BREAK IN MY RV) He said someone tried breaking in last night actually. So with my employee living out there now I can leave the Truck & Equipment there with him & drive back in the afternoon after work back to Garland.

Anyone else own a 2000 Civic Si & if so how much gas mileage do you get & Is it fun to drive. Want something to get 35 Mpg & still be fun to drive & must have COLD AC & Heat as my wife will be driving it once we buy a house in Rockwall this next year & it will be her turn to make the comute
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

x2 on the VW.

Coworker just got one and is seeing close to 50 mpg going back and forth from Arlington to Clarksville/Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
      x2 on the VW.

Coworker just got one and is seeing close to 50 mpg going back and forth from Arlington to Clarksville/Paris.
      Ugh.....that drive is horrible for multiple reasons. What type of work to justify 150+ miles each way?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Ugh.....that drive is horrible for multiple reasons. What type of work to justify 150+ miles each way?
        Family, ex-wife and son. He lives and works in Arlington and makes the drive each weekend.

Comment

I have an 00 em1 and actually like it a lot other than lacking torque.. As for gas I don't ever really check fuel economy but its way better than my 5.3 truck lol. It does require 93 though..

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          recent pics

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Well I have never owned or even considered owning a VW, But I have been researching these TDI Jetta's & they are perfect for kids & most of all good awesome mileage. But what about problems? What are they known for & what year should I get, Really don't want to spend more then 5k, But if they make these thing quicker in certain years. That's the model Im interested in, Take that back. One that is most reliable & then quick!
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Go with the tdi. When I bought my wife a new accord I took over her tdi as my daily and sold my GSR integra. They're going to be more money if you go with an 06 model. But on the other hand finding a nice stock Si is near impossible and you'll pay a premium for it. Also with a Tdi you won't have to worry about it getting stolen anytime you park it. The tdi (06) model is just a nicer car. My car avg 40mpg minimum no matter how I drive.

Comment

I would love to have and EBP 00 SI Coupe....just stock, maybe a slight drop, and that's it...such a great looking car if not over done and riced out.
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  Well I have never owned or even considered owning a VW, But I have been researching these TDI Jetta's & they are perfect for kids & most of all good awesome mileage. But what about problems? What are they known for & what year should I get, Really don't want to spend more then 5k, But if they make these thing quicker in certain years. That's the model Im interested in, Take that back. One that is most reliable & then quick!
                  you want a 99.5 thru 03 for simplicity, mileage and power as none of them make any power stock. injector and a tune go along way as far as power.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                    Whatever you do, don't listen to the backwoods motherfuckers (that have only anecdotal evidence) that will come in and complain about timing belts on TDIs. They're a non-issue.

Comment

As soon as I come up with a little money to buy a commuter car these are the cars I was considering. I looked at the Si Civic back in 07 or so and while the 200hp sounded neat and fun...it definitely didn't get the mileage the other Civic's were pulling in. I've had several friends own NON TDI Jetta's and the build quality (especially interior) was terrible and they fell apart like a mid 90's Lumina (granted a lot of that could be how they take care of it). If I could find a TDI Jetta in good cond. with the right price I would get one over the Civic Si just for mileage. If I want to go fast I have a Blackbird in the garage parked beside a 600hp Grand National.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        As soon as I come up with a little money to buy a commuter car these are the cars I was considering. I looked at the Si Civic back in 07 or so and while the 200hp sounded neat and fun...it definitely didn't get the mileage the other Civic's were pulling in. I've had several friends own NON TDI Jetta's and the build quality (especially interior) was terrible and they fell apart like a mid 90's Lumina (granted a lot of that could be how they take care of it). If I could find a TDI Jetta in good cond. with the right price I would get one over the Civic Si just for mileage. If I want to go fast I have a Blackbird in the garage parked beside a 600hp Grand National.
                        For the mean time. Im going to park The Joker till the weather gets cooler & start driving my 95 GT. It was getting 28 mpg out of the little 5.0 & pretty sure that's close to the Civic Si. But really want to give a 2006 & up Jetta TDI a shot & see if these cars really get 50 mpg like they claim & they say with some simple mods it has some balls
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Isnt that Camaro a T56? Assuming its running properly there is no reason it should not be getting reasonable gas mileage. Its going to take a substantial improvement in mileage to make spending another 4-7K on another car and then insuring it worth it.

What does weather have to do with fuel economy?

Comment

The 06 and up doesn't get 50mpg. 99.5 thru 03 will. The 04 change fuel injection and the mpg went down.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                              Isnt that Camaro a T56? Assuming its running properly there is no reason it should not be getting reasonable gas mileage. Its going to take a substantial improvement in mileage to make spending another 4-7K on another car and then insuring it worth it.

What does weather have to do with fuel economy?
                              Yes T-56, But a big cam combined with a Ford 9inch & 4.10s = 15 City 21 Hwy, On the way back from La Porte I think I got as good as 26 Hwy
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X