F250 vs Ram 2500 vs 2500HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250 vs Ram 2500 vs 2500HD

Looking for owners of these for feedback. Looking to buy a new one next week, can't make my mind up. Any opinions on any of these diesels?

Same boat, drove all three last year in the same week.

Chevy feels like it has the smallest back seat and cab, drives the most like a .5 ton, has throttle response similar to a gas burner and is stupid quite.

I'm a ford guy, duh, I currently have a 2010, and with deletes I know I'll never have another one near as fast. The new ford is a beast, rides like a truck, and is also pretty quite. It has the nicest interior and seats imo.

Dodge is the cheapest, loudest, and it very roomy if we are comparing crew cabs feels like #2 to ford in cab space, but driver space is superb if your larger.

I'm due for a new truck and am price shopping right now. I actually think I might go with a GMC. I'm not buying another loaded truck because I don't need most of the shit and want a aftermarket stereo anyway and can add a back up camera. My fords lariat leather has wore through the color on the outer bolster in 40k miles. My 03 leather was in better shape at 130k miles. Basically, I'll buy aftermarket leather covers, and a indash with ability to add back up camera.

Comment

I have a 2011 f250...great ride, excellent mileage (considering it's a heavy 4x4 screw)...all around nice truck. I haven't driven the most recent GM and Dodge trucks, so I can't speak for them.

Comment

Yea, I'm leaning Ram and GMC. Had a '10 f250, it was great. Just drove the gmc Denali and Laramie Longhorn Mega and was impressed with both, and both were within 100 bucks of each other. The 1992 dodge I had was a pos and I swore I wouldn't own another but that Longhorn was nice.

Comment

Those longhorns are nice. What kind of money you looking at for both of them?

Comment

I just got a '13 Duramax and love it. It doesn't have the most luxurious interior, but it's a truck. I get great mileage with it as well.

What else would you like to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I just got a '13 Duramax and love it. It doesn't have the most luxurious interior, but it's a truck. I get great mileage with it as well.

What else would you like to know?

Any irritating things about it?

Comment

Not as of yet. I'm almost at 4k miles. The only irritating thing is that I moved into the suburbs and it's too damned big. lol Seriously though, I had a 1/2 ton Chevy as a company truck and it was such a good truck I decided to get a 3/4 ton when I was able to have my own vehicle. Can't beat the Allison 1000 and the new Duramax is incredible in power and durability.

LML

The 6.6L RPO LML (VIN code "8") is the latest version (2011–present) of the Isuzu/GM Duramax V8 diesel engine and actually a further advanced version of the LMM engine with the majority of the changes addressing a required drastic reduction in engine emissions. Some mechanical aspects of the engine, such as piston oil flow design for improved temperature control and oil pump design, were also improved to enhance durability even further.

The LML engine was significantly updated for 2011 to provide improved exhaust emissions that comply with the new federal emission standards for diesel engines, provide better engine rigidity and further noise reduction. New 29,000 PSI piezo injectors, a complete fuel system-hardening to tolerate up to 20% biodiesel mixtures and urea injection (to reduce Nitrogen oxides) with a 5.3 gallon urea tank are updating the fuel and emissions systems. This engine has a fuel injector in the exhaust tract, to allow raw fuel injection during the particulate filter recycling routine. The RPO LML engine is rated at 397 horsepower (296 kW) at 3000 rpm and 765 lb·ft (1,037 N·m) of torque at 1600 rpm.[14]

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                  Those longhorns are nice. What kind of money you looking at for both of them?
                  49, but employer pays for most of it....

Comment

get the Ford!

I was always a Cummins guy, but I'm a convert. The Fords hold up best over time. Best interior, built right, real lock-out hubs, etc.
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Damn, I thought those denalis started in the 60's

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        get the Ford!

I was always a Cummins guy, but I'm a convert. The Fords hold up best over time. Best interior, built right, real lock-out hubs, etc.
                        You are right, but I don't ever get to own one longer than a few years or 80k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          get the Ford!

Speaking of, which one holds their value the best?

Comment

Damn, I thought those denalis started in the 60's
                            They do, but with 14s showing up they are wanting to move the remaining 13s

Comment

You are right, but I don't ever get to own one longer than a few years or 80k miles.
                              Same here

Comment

Working...
                              X