This is what happens when two hard-charging cops have a disagreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what happens when two hard-charging cops have a disagreement

Two Bergen County Police Officers were disciplined after their expletive-filled argument, during a traffic stop, was caught on video. At the 6:30 mark, things start to get heated.

Screen shot 2013-08-30 at 1.14.36 PM
    The State Trooper drew his sidearm, leery of a possible criminal disguised as a plan-clothes officer.

A New Jersey State Trooper was cruising down the Turnpike when he rolled up on what, in his eyes, may or may not have been a routine traffic stop initiated by a plain-clothes officer.

In prior weeks, two instances occurred on the same highway where armed suspects impersonated police officers and carjacked vehicles. The suspects dressed like plain-clothes officers, wearing a bulletproof vests and guns.

So the Trooper was leery when he saw the unannounced, plain-clothes police officer in an unmarked van in the same spot. Gun drawn, he walked towards the officer, later identified as Officer Robert Duboue, and demanded he identify himself.

Dubuoue complied, stating he was a Bergen County Officer, but a charged argument quickly ensued and the intended suspect quickly forgotten. The two law enforcement officers hashed out their differences on the side of the road, until eventually, the Trooper left.

Bergen County Police Chief, Brian Higgins, indicated he found no guilt with either party, saying, “each was doing his job.”

“It appears that the Trooper was doing his job in stopping and investigating the motor vehicle stop and the Bergen County Police Officer conducted a motor vehicle stop for a violation of the traffic law,” he said.

“That motor vehicle stop did warrant further investigation, at which time the County Police Officer was continuing to act in his capacity as a law enforcement officer.”

Screen shot 2013-08-30 at 1.05.43 PM
    Officer Robert Duboue was unnerved that fellow law enforcement had cleared leather.

While Higgins may not have found fault with the state and local officers, Jeanne Baratta, who serves as chief of staff for Bergen County Executive, Kathleen Donovan, confirmed both Sgt. Gabriel Escobar and Officer Duboue received some form of punishment.

“The Attorney Generals Guidelines on Internal Affairs investigations does not alow us to make that information public,” she wrote in an email.

Col. Rick Fuentes, the state police superintendent, issued his own statement on behalf of the Trooper, whose name was redacted from the reports.

“He came upon a stop by two plain-clothed officers driving an unmarked minivan on the Turnpike. In the two weeks prior to this incident, two separate vehicles on the Turnpike wer ecarjacked by armed men impersonating police officers. The criminals were wearing police-type clothing and ballistic vests,” he said.

“Aware of theses incidents, and with no advance notice of the operation, our Trooper was fully justified in approaching this stop with the utmost caution.”

[nj.com]
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

In related news, 2 officers shot each other's K-9 dogs because the dogs barked at each other. Neither officer will be charged, but a witness was tasered and beaten for laughing.

Comment

IMO plainclothes cops in unmarked cars should not be making traffic stops without marked backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        IMO plainclothes cops in unmarked cars should not be making traffic stops without marked backup.
        Fire shots in self defense and claim he didn't have a registered flat top and mustache.

Comment

And this is where communication, common sense and being aware of your surroundings is so important. They were both right but could have been dead right out of stubbornness also IMO. I also agree with Chili

Comment

At least the "bro" quota was met. Uniformed cop did nothing wrong. Plain clothes assholes were douchebags. Fuck Jersey.
            Watching it again if he drew his gun he should have went all the way and had him face down in handcuffs and not walking back to his car to get his ID. That really would've given douchebag something to cry about. Rookie mistake, brooooo!
            Last edited by SS Junk; 09-01-2013, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I just got home, and I have the biggest turd peeking out. I'm kinda holding it to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                I just got home, and I have the biggest turd peeking out. I'm kinda holding it to see what happens.
                haha gofering.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Concur, but watch out you'll be labeled as a cop hater.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Imagine refusing to stop for that plainclothes colossal douchebag in a minivan full of cop lights...

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Hell, if anything I say that because of the added risk it puts on the cops.

As to "civilians", it would help to avoid wondering / worrying about getting pulled over by someone impersonating a cop.

Comment

This! Ours call for a marked unit to come make the stop. Unmarked and plainclothes stop is asking for trouble.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                        George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
                          This! Ours call for a marked unit to come make the stop. Unmarked and plainclothes stop is asking for trouble.
                          I've seen a Fort Worth unmarked make a traffic stop before... Unless it wasn't actually a Fw officer.

Comment

Not disagreeing, but there had been multiple reports of robberies made by cops impersonating local Leo and the plain clothes officer saw this cop pull over this car and whipped around to make sure they were on the up and up.....now I'll watch the video....

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                              I've seen a Fort Worth unmarked make a traffic stop before... Unless it wasn't actually a Fw officer.
                              Did it have red&blues? If it did and it is was unmarked then it wasn't ours that I know of. Possibly a constable.
                              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                              George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X