No announcement yet.

Dfwautogurus...accord v. VW Tdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you'd be happy with either car, but feel like you're risking it on the TDI. Based off the comments here, seems like a worthwhile gamble/experience to try. I don't regret my Accord either, but a TDI just may well be a better buy.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by thedriver33 View Post
      come to lewisville vw...talk with curtis in sales...tell him Ryan sent ya.
      dont get a refferal or anything but never hurts to see another vw owner on the road...ill be buying my 1.8t jetta hoping first of the year.
      You work there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I've been looking at a 4 door Golf TDI manual trans as a replacement for my mazdaspeed3. The gas mileage is killing me in the speed at about 22-23 mpg per tank. I could just about double that with a TDI. On top of the maintenance my speed3 needs, I could justify the down payment and the higher monthly payment, and the fuel cost is negligible since I use premium anyway. I've been looking at it hard for about a month now, but I don't think I would be happy with the drop in power. The torque is almost the same though. I need to drive one to see if I could live with it, but I can't fucking find one ANYWHERE to test drive.

Comment

Lack of power is not an issue. We just made a 700 mile round trip and set the cruise on 77. Making passes was not a problem at all. With the torque of the turbo and the DSG always being in the "sweet spot", power is just a push of the pedal away.

Comment

We bought an auto Tdi Jetta a couple months ago, we are getting 40-46 mpg average. Couldn't be happier!

Comment

and when your ready...

I have never driven the common rail ones but on the 90hp models a set of injector tips and a tune and its a damm fun 45mpg car to drive.

Comment

Made a trip down to south Texas. Cruise was set anywhere between 70-75. Made a few 80+ mph passes on the 2 lane and still managed 50 mpg. Took less than half a tank to make it down to Rockport.

[IMG]
                2013 Passat TDI Rockport Texas , on Flickr[/IMG]

VW mileage , on Flickr

Comment

impressive, did that match the hand calculation?

Comment

I should have topped off when we got there. It used less than half a tank from Ft Worth to Rockport which is 365 miles. Once we were there in Rockport we drove around that evening. We went to Corpus the next day and drove around town most of the day. Then the next two days we drove from Rockport to Aransas Pass and back, 2 times each day.

We filled up 10/22 in Fort Worth at 2680 miles
                    Then on 10/26 in Rockport at 3345 and it took 14.893 gallons.

So my public school math shows to be about 44.65 mpg overall.

Coming back yesterday....I ran 77-82mpg and mileage was showing about 43mpg. I figure it was closer to 40mpg. Can't wait for it to break in! Maybe it will loosen up and increase the mpg's! Either way....really like the TDI!!

[IMG]
                    VW mpg reading , on Flickr[/IMG]
                    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 10-28-2013, 03:00 PM. Reason: shows fuel capacity left

Comment

I'm loving the milage of mine. Put over 1k miles on it the first week.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        I'm loving the milage of mine. Put over 1k miles on it the first week.

Yep..it is hard to leave it parked! It is not a hot rod but really fun to drive. I would love to add the tune to it....but the 100k mile warranty. I bet the Golf TDI would be like a go cart around town.

Comment

rabbit

Comment

Working...
                          X