Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you generally view religious people as less intelligent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you generally view religious people as less intelligent?

Pretty straightforward question really: Do you generally view religious people as less intelligent? Did not want to post this in The Theology Corner because it does not generate much traffic.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Most of the religious people I know are much smarter than the non religious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I'd much rather have Pat Robertson on my side in a trivia contest than Brad Pitt.

Comment

No, but I dont know that it means much.

I know some idiots that are dumb as a box of shit that are fanatically religious, and some that arent.

On the flip side, some of the most sucsessfull people that I know can be either way.

Personally, I think that a person who will blindly believe anything without thought would tend to be less intelligent by the nature of it. So given a large group of religous people, I think that the averege IQ would be lower by nature. In defence of that, I think a large group of car guys would see that same result.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Generally, yes, I'm afraid. Before anyone gets pitchforks, it's usually pretty easy for me to lose that thought process about an individual as I get to know them and if they prove otherwise. Some of my closest friends are fairly religious and it hasn't stopped us from being friends. They are equally vexed by me at times, I'm sure. It's just a gut reaction prejudice based off previous experience, sort of like if I see a guy wearing white sunglasses, I know he is going to be a douchebag.

Comment

I vote yes, but I don't normally link the two. Several of the extremely smart people I know are very religious and some of the dumbest people I have ever met were also very religious. I guess I don't see a correlation.

Comment

No...

I'm don't attend church what so ever but have plenty of friends, family, and other people I look up to/ consider intelligent that do. I don't judge even if they do.

Comment

No difference

Comment

I voted no only because the shoe fits both sides equally as well.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Who fucking knows? We will maybe find out after we die..
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I do not think so. Religious people usually attend church from a very young age, and are taught and encouraged to read, comprehend what is read, and retain as much as they can.

These skills usually stay with them through school/work and life lessons..

I think that may balance out the people you have enountered that most likely caused you to create this thread..
                      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Generally, yes, I'm afraid. Before anyone gets pitchforks, it's usually pretty easy for me to lose that thought process about an individual as I get to know them and if they prove otherwise. Some of my closest friends are fairly religious and it hasn't stopped us from being friends. They are equally vexed by me at times, I'm sure. It's just a gut reaction prejudice based off previous experience, sort of like if I see a guy wearing white sunglasses, I know he is going to be a douchebag.
                        Pretty much this, but a lot of people put god in this little impervious box where logic and reason don't apply, only when I offer situations that are exactly the same but with the removal of god as the source and they stick to the same stance are they permanently labeled as less intelligent.

Comment

How long before linking to the study review on this released two weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            How long before linking to the study review on this released two weeks ago?
                            this bible thumping genius here knows what's up.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I say another 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X