Both license plates are required again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venom View Post
    a car is disrepair is a huge red flag for them committing more serious violations.
    Fuck. You.

"YOUR PLATE LIGHT IS OUT! ARE YOU A PEDOPHILE WITH CHILDREN IN THE TRUNK?"
    sigpic

Comment

god damn all of it. fuck the house and their bills.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        Ultra dick move, knowing there isn't a penalty for it.
        Even if there's a penalty for it they have to use this petty bullshit.

What about for having a license plate light that's out?
        Those dangerous criminals, with their plate lights out and whatnot. They're a menace to society and should be removed from it!

I'm far from a LE nuthugger but it's obvious that you've never been one.
        So? What's your point?

They don't just randomly pull over cars that look legit for simple shit like that.
        They don't? Evidence seems to prove otherwise.

Having a car is disrepair is a huge red flag for them committing more serious violations.
        A bulb being out is an automatic line straight to axe murderer?

Chances are he was just let go with a warning. If he would've ticketed him that would've been a dick move.
        Folks shouldn't even be pulled over for this dumb shit. Cops pulling people over for this nonsense is a dick move no matter which way you slice it.

Comment

Tru dis^
          Ded

Comment

HB 625 clarifies that the penalty for operating a vehicle on a public highway without displaying the two license plates assigned to the vehicle is a misdemeanor offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.
            So I'm ok if I stay off the highway?
            Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by livinglegend_86 View Post
              So I'm ok if I stay off the highway?
              Drive on the median or on city streets.

Comment

What about for having a license plate light that's out? I'm far from a LE nuthugger but it's obvious that you've never been one. They don't just randomly pull over cars that look legit for simple shit like that. Having a car is disrepair is a huge red flag for them committing more serious violations. Chances are he was just let go with a warning. If he would've ticketed him that would've been a dick move.
                lmao
                your friend is still a dick, and this post makes you look stupid.

i'm no LE nuthugger either, my brother is a cop. i'm smart, so I choose not to go into LE and get a real career.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  Drive on the median or on city streets.
                  I've tried both... especially after a night out!
                  Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by livinglegend_86 View Post
                    I've tried both... especially after a night out!
                    There is no other way!

Comment

I just saw a guy with a busted tail light. I called 911, he might be a serial killer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        I just saw a guy with a busted tail light. I called 911, he might be a serial killer.
                        he was a serial killer.

consider yourself a hero.

Comment

Apparently only one is required sept. 1st:

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED

AN ACT
                          relating to the number of license plates to be issued for and
                          displayed on motor vehicles.
                          BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
                          SECTION 1. Subchapter A, Chapter 504, Transportation Code,
                          is amended by adding Section 504.011 to read as follows:
                          Sec. 504.011. ISSUANCE AND DISPLAY OF LICENSE PLATE. (a)
                          Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary, the
                          department shall issue only one license plate for attachment at the
                          rear of the vehicle for which the plate is issued.
                          (b) Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary, a
                          person is entitled to operate on a public highway a vehicle that
                          displays only one license plate if the plate is attached at the rear
                          of the vehicle. A person may operate on a public highway a vehicle
                          that displays two license plates if both plates were assigned by the
                          department for the registration period as a set of plates.
                          (c) In any provision of this code that relates to the
                          issuance or display of "license plates," "plates," or a "set of
                          plates," the term means only one license plate.
                          SECTION 2. Section 504.943, Transportation Code, is amended
                          by amending Subsection (b) and adding Subsection (e) to read as
                          follows:
                          (b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a
                          public highway during a registration period a passenger car, light
                          truck, road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does
                          not display a license plate that:
                          (1) has been assigned by the department for the
                          period; and
                          (2) complies with department rules regarding the
                          placement of license plates.
                          (e) In this section, "light truck" and "passenger car" have
                          the meanings assigned by Section 541.201.
                          SECTION 3. The change in law made by this Act regarding the
                          issuance of license plates by the Texas Department of Motor
                          Vehicles applies only to the issuance of license plates by the
                          department for a registration period beginning on or after the
                          effective date of this Act.
                          SECTION 4. This Act takes effect September 1, 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by eastsidetorino View Post
                            Apparently only one is required sept. 1st:

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED

AN ACT
                            relating to the number of license plates to be issued for and
                            displayed on motor vehicles.
                            BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
                            SECTION 1. Subchapter A, Chapter 504, Transportation Code,
                            is amended by adding Section 504.011 to read as follows:
                            Sec. 504.011. ISSUANCE AND DISPLAY OF LICENSE PLATE. (a)
                            Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary, the
                            department shall issue only one license plate for attachment at the
                            rear of the vehicle for which the plate is issued.
                            (b) Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary, a
                            person is entitled to operate on a public highway a vehicle that
                            displays only one license plate if the plate is attached at the rear
                            of the vehicle. A person may operate on a public highway a vehicle
                            that displays two license plates if both plates were assigned by the
                            department for the registration period as a set of plates.
                            (c) In any provision of this code that relates to the
                            issuance or display of "license plates," "plates," or a "set of
                            plates," the term means only one license plate.
                            SECTION 2. Section 504.943, Transportation Code, is amended
                            by amending Subsection (b) and adding Subsection (e) to read as
                            follows:
                            (b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a
                            public highway during a registration period a passenger car, light
                            truck, road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does
                            not display a license plate that:
                            (1) has been assigned by the department for the
                            period; and
                            (2) complies with department rules regarding the
                            placement of license plates.
                            (e) In this section, "light truck" and "passenger car" have
                            the meanings assigned by Section 541.201.
                            SECTION 3. The change in law made by this Act regarding the
                            issuance of license plates by the Texas Department of Motor
                            Vehicles applies only to the issuance of license plates by the
                            department for a registration period beginning on or after the
                            effective date of this Act.
                            SECTION 4. This Act takes effect September 1, 2013.
                            It never made it out of committee. This is not a law.

Comment

And give me my damn campus carry!

Comment

Working...
                              X