No announcement yet.

Brothers charged with assaulting Detroit officers say they were assaulted first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along the same lines, what is the world coming to when you can't slam a suspect's head into the wall without being held personally responsible?

Maybe Carrollton PD should hire 03trublugt to blame storm their way out of this thing with one of his Hugo award winning science fiction short stories.

Carrollton police Officer Don Patin was pretty sure Jason Geils was drunk when he pulled him over on December 10, 2009, for speeding down Stemmons Freeway and driving in the HOV lane without a passenger. Patin said he could smell alcohol on Geils' breath and, according to Dallas County court...
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Along the same lines, what is the world coming to when you can't slam a suspect's head into the wall without being held personally responsible?

Maybe Carrollton PD should hire 03trublugt to blame storm their way out of this thing with one of his Hugo award winning science fiction short stories.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...to_the_wal.php

...and he got his job back. Lovely.

Comment

The brother's and the cop's went full retard. A cop pushing you in the chest isnt going to hurt you. Use some common sense. If the cop just punched him or started beating him then yeah fight back. What the hell did they think was going to happen when you slap a cops hands away. Cop's were being dbags by instigating the whole thing. Those cops had to have known that any restaurant or store in Detroit has security cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
          The brother's and the cop's went full retard. A cop pushing you in the chest isnt going to hurt you. Use some common sense. If the cop just punched him or started beating him then yeah fight back. What the hell did they think was going to happen when you slap a cops hands away. Cop's were being dbags by instigating the whole thing. Those cops had to have known that any restaurant or store in Detroit has security cameras.
          you go pushing any grown man in the chest i would expect the exact same thing to happen.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Guns don't kill people, cop's kill people...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Dude who was interviewed was at least intelligent enough to refrain from saying how it was racially motivated. I agree they were profiled, but at least he isn't using it as a soap box to say how oppressed his people are. Good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Dude who was interviewed was at least intelligent enough to refrain from saying how it was racially motivated. I agree they were profiled, but at least he isn't using it as a soap box to say how oppressed his people are. Good for them.
                I'm sure he was "coached" before the interview.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  you go pushing any grown man in the chest i would expect the exact same thing to happen.

god bless.
                  I agree that if someone pushes you in the chest than their asking to get hit. But when it's a cop doing it it's just not worth it to me. Whether or not the cops in the wrong it's gonna end with you going to jail and having a legal battle to fight the assaulting a police officer charge. Even if you came out not guilty and you win a lawsuit it's going to consume thousands of dollars and a lot of time wasted. I would've just let the cop push me in the chest and harass me then filed a complaint/lawsuit the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                    I like how they interviewed him in front of a book case to try and make him look more intellectual. You know they planned it like that.

Comment

I would've just let the cop push me in the chest and harass me then filed a complaint/lawsuit the next day.
                      Yup, better to sue the department in court and get paid than to be labeled the aggressor and risk jail time and bullshit on your record.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I agree that if someone pushes you in the chest than their asking to get hit. But when it's a cop doing it it's just not worth it to me. Whether or not the cops in the wrong it's gonna end with you going to jail and having a legal battle to fight the assaulting a police officer charge. Even if you came out not guilty and you win a lawsuit it's going to consume thousands of dollars and a lot of time wasted. I would've just let the cop push me in the chest and harass me then filed a complaint/lawsuit the next day.
                        certainly that is the smarter easier way to go about, and i'd love to think thats how i would handle it, but based on past performance

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                          By whom? The TV crew? Not a chance. They will disclose the questions, but in situations like this they will not coach the response. They want impromptu answers. He sounded educated, ebonics was not his first language, and even if he was "coached" he could have made it more dramatic and screamed civil rights and travon. TV station would've eaten that shit up.

Comment

The line has to be drawn somewhere. since it wasn't a big deal, do you think if he pushed the cop in the chest first, it would have been?

The cops are probaly used to doing it so much and a re so comfortable doing what they want that they didn't bother to think about the cameras.

Comment

That makes sense, but I doubt filing a complaint would have accomplished anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...to_the_wal.php
                                Maybe you should STFU and not offer comments on things that involve me.

Comment

Working...
                                X