Germany suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany suggestions...

So I'm planning a trip to Europe in December and I'm planning on flying in and out of Munich or possibly into Berlin then out of Munich. About a week is going to be spent doing Prague and Vienna and then some day trips for Bratislava, Salzburg along with a couple of others along the way.

That leaves us a few days on arrival and a few days on departure in Germany Munich for sure, possibly Berlin... Any must do/see items or towns, beyond the typical tourist attractions?

I want to go to the Nurburgring, but that will have to on another trip when I go back to Western Europe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdvRElQMhCc[/ame]

Comment

Go to Germany.
      Ded

Comment

Check out Dresden.

Comment

On word: Bratislava!
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Oh shit, nigga already plannin on goin to the brat!
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
              So I'm planning a trip to Europe in December and I'm planning on flying in and out of Munich or possibly into Berlin then out of Munich. About a week is going to be spent doing Prague and Vienna and then some day trips for Bratislava, Salzburg along with a couple of others along the way.

That leaves us a few days on arrival and a few days on departure in Germany Munich for sure, possibly Berlin... Any must do/see items or towns, beyond the typical tourist attractions?

I want to go to the Nurburgring, but that will have to on another trip when I go back to Western Europe.
              I actually visited just about every city you've mentioned. Munich if you want to relax and enjoy the culture, head to the hofbrauhaus in downtown Munich, and you can visit a few of the beer halls. In the surrounding area for day trips I would really suggest visiting Castle Neuschwanstein to make the lady happy or Hitler's Eagle's Nest for history, it's also beautiful. I also went to Dachau for some history.

Eagles Nest:
              So, skipping the Dachau concentration camp pics (I'll post those up later) today I had a chance to visit the Hitler's Eagles Next in the Bavarian Alps. It was pretty damn awesome. I've picked a few more pictures than I've posted before because honestly there was a lot more to take pictures of. On the way up into the
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I actually visited just about every city you've mentioned. Munich if you want to relax and enjoy the culture, head to the hofbrauhaus in downtown Munich, and you can visit a few of the beer halls. In the surrounding area for day trips I would really suggest visiting Castle Neuschwanstein to make the lady happy or Hitler's Eagle's Nest for history, it's also beautiful. I also went to Dachau for some history.

Eagles Nest:
                http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...eagle%27s+nest
                Thanks CJ, yeah we already had Dachau on the list... luckily my lady friend is as much of a history nerd as me, so it will be easy to keep her happy. We've decided Berlin is out, but we will still have around 6 days in Germany. I don't know if the Eagles Nest will be possible, doing the research now, the pics are awesome.

Comment

Eagles Nest like CJ said. It's been a while (1989-90) but, I think Salzburg is right across the border.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                  George Orwell

Comment

I went to Munich in 2010 for Oktoberfest. I second the Dachau trip.

Comment

Drink a beer in every town, as every town seems to have a local brewery with different products. I would go to Oberndorf to see the German Weapons Museum, and then go to Ulm to see the proof house and this:

Other than that German is pretty damn boring. Beautiful and whatnot, but boring.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                      X