Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if you say you are canceling insurance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if you say you are canceling insurance....

They come back with a number half of the price that your other quote is... Lol This is gieco. But then they screw you on the home insurance. Our full coverage with farmers for 2 vehicles is 157, giecos first quote was $191. When I told them farmers price, he came back with 93 a month, same deductible and coverages as my farmers. Then they switched me to a home insurance guy (I guess he can't do both) that guy didn't care theirs was more expensive and just said, sorry you want to switch, but at least you will keep our auto insurance.... Um no, I am canceling everything. So I almost got a heck of a deal if the home guy could have jacked down the price. So everyone just call and threaten your agent you have a cheaper quote and want to cancel. True story.

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
    They come back with a number half of the price that your other quote is... Lol This is gieco. But then they screw you on the home insurance. Our full coverage with farmers for 2 vehicles is 157, giecos first quote was $191. When I told them farmers price, he came back with 93 a month, same deductible and coverages as my farmers. Then they switched me to a home insurance guy (I guess he can't do both) that guy didn't care theirs was more expensive and just said, sorry you want to switch, but at least you will keep our auto insurance.... Um no, I am canceling everything. So I almost got a heck of a deal if the home guy could have jacked down the price. So everyone just call and threaten your agent you have a cheaper quote and want to cancel. True story.
    I have the opposite problem right now... My home policy is ridiculously low and just got my renewal (Farmer's) in the mail... Last year's auto policy for full coverage on two vehicles was $1572.

They now want $2890 for 12 months... I sent that to my agent and said, "Hey, uh.... fix this."

Comment

I do the same thing with my sirius/xm subscription. Call to cancel on the $150/year price, and they always come back with $75/year.

Comment

Originally posted by WOMACK03 View Post
        I do the same thing with my sirius/xm subscription. Call to cancel on the $150/year price, and they always come back with $75/year.
        Shit, for them I refuse to let them renew me. If they cut you off, within one week they will hammer you over the phone and give it to you at $4.17 per month.

I've been doing that for 3 years now.

Comment

I haven't had anyone beat what I'm paying geico yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            I have the opposite problem right now... My home policy is ridiculously low and just got my renewal (Farmer's) in the mail... Last year's auto policy for full coverage on two vehicles was $1572.

They now want $2890 for 12 months... I sent that to my agent and said, "Hey, uh.... fix this."
            Did your agent fix it? I would be pissed with that kind of jump.

Comment

tldr
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Shit, for them I refuse to let them renew me. If they cut you off, within one week they will hammer you over the phone and give it to you at $4.17 per month.

I cancelled Sirius once (because I didn't have the box installed for a while) and they charged me for a year anyway. It was a headache getting the refund, but I finally got it. Awesome thing is they never shut it off after that. I reinstalled that unit in my truck several years later, planning to reactivate it, but it was already working. That was about 3 years ago, and it is still working to this day, and I have never paid a dime.

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  I cancelled Sirius once (because I didn't have the box installed for a while) and they charged me for a year anyway. It was a headache getting the refund, but I finally got it. Awesome thing is they never shut it off after that. I reinstalled that unit in my truck several years later, planning to reactivate it, but it was already working. That was about 3 years ago, and it is still working to this day, and I have never paid a dime.

Sweet!
                  Lucky!

Comment

geico did that to me. called to cancel when i got it 100/mo cheaper through state farm for better coverage. they beat state farm by 20/mo with the same coverage. told them to get fucked.

Comment

I have Geico with two cars and an rv all full coverage for $155, will have to try that when it comes time to renew....

Comment

They are losing policy holders in TX and have been told to redirect cancellation request to a new dept so they can run you through a new rating/scoring platform. They reduced mine from $93 to $50.01/mo. For a 2012 f150 Screw 4x4. I had an inside scoop on this. Try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                          I have Geico with two cars and an rv all full coverage for $155, will have to try that when it comes time to renew....
                          Call now. Be sure to say you have quotes that are lower and want to cancel. This prompts the transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                            Call now. Be sure to say you have quotes that are lower and want to cancel. This prompts the transfer.
                            I'll give it a try tomorrow....

Comment

No shit? I've got 7 accounts and paying $150ish a month....time to threaten...

Comment

Working...
                              X