How bad is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Just curious here but I don't see what exactly they human finger can detect. It just doesn't seem like a precise detection tool.
    Lumps or enlargement. The PSA blood test was supposed to replace that old-school finger method but it has turned out to not be infallible. Some doctors now recommend both.

Comment

I can offer a little insight here. I am a PC survivor. I am going to make it short as possible and not get into details LOL!

I had a PSA, my first on at 40yo. It was very high. I was sent to a Urologist. Who did another PSA which was higher. I had the 'finger wave' which isn't near as bad as you may think. Trust me, If you ever have to get more than the 'wave'. You will think the finger wave was a walk in the park! Biopsy is worse than the wave.

Oh if the DR tells you that you need a trans-rectal MRI. Pass, and go ahead and choose death. Just some personal insight there for you all

At 40yo I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Prostate Cancer. I had the surgery and I am clean so far. Dr said I most likely had detectable cancer for at least 5 years.

Please get your PSA tests. It isn't a flawless test. It can provide a trend though. If there is a steady upward trend in your PSA it is a warning sign to a DR.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        I think I'll just die of prostate cancer.
        With a side helping of 'never received a great blowjob'.

Comment

y'all kill me.......women get a hand in their crotch and another pressing their uterus as close to that hand as possible, a speculm, something to lovingly scrape the cervix, and a finger in the ass. Not to mention our breasts compressed to pancake proportions.....LMAO

No really......y'all who are scared need to get over it. My father put off seeing what was wrong with him for years....literally.....and when he went on his last tip on his bike to Utah and such, he called my step mom half way back and said schedule me an appt.....you see, his prostate is so far gone with cancer, that it made the hemaroids (sp) massive, then with the prostate being cancerous..he had an mri to check his bones and they see that his right kidney has a mass as well......all of this could have been prevented with one little finger going where y'all are terrified of being touched......

Comment

When you bend over the table, just be sure that there is not a hand on each shoulder when you feel that second knuckle go in. If he has a big ring on, ask him too remove it. If you still feel the ring, then is is his wrist watch. Rolexs are pretty big.

Comment

They're probing around feeling for lumps or abnormal growths and enlargement of the prostate when performing the exam.

My Urologist's office has some neat little display analogues
              that simulate what they're feeling around for up there... it's pretty obvious
              once you feel what they're looking for.

Good luck.

mardyn

Comment

WRX

Comment

You would think with all the technological advancements in the world , esp medical , that this barbaric finger in the asshole would be long gone by now. WTF, Dr's must enjoy it, or figure our a way you can x-ray laser scan my ass and not have to touch it.
                  2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Among other possible reasons, since radiation itself can cause cancer in a few individuals the crude method is used routinely instead of imaging. From an insurance company standpoint, I'm sure it's also cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                      Oh that's how it starts. Then it's 'just the tip'. Pretty damn soon you're hanging out with Ty Herndon at Gateway Park.
                      Holy shit! That's an old reference!

And it wasn't the park if I remember correctly. It was the motel on the south side of 30 at Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        Holy shit! That's an old reference!

And it wasn't the park if I remember correctly. It was the motel on the south side of 30 at Beach.
                        It's the second time he's made the "Ty Herndon" reference in two weeks or less.

Man crush, JP?
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Geor gets his prostate checked daily

Comment

Ted's got DSLs.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                            X