Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So pretty much everything we do now is tracked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So pretty much everything we do now is tracked?

Yeah I know everyone talks about big brother and all that but something I thought was strange just happened between my phone and computer.
    The googlers is watching me too hard. Last night I was on the phone getting an address from a friend. I entered it into Google Maps on my PC to see where it was at. Afterwards I decided to enter the address into my phone to use its navigation system. Odd thing was when the nav started up (also Google based) and I went to enter the address, before I typed a single thing my friends address appeared as the first thing in the search window......? Never been to his house, didnt know where it was and havent even spoken to him since I owned the new phone. Phone was never connected to the PC, Wi-Fi was off, my gmail was not logged in on the PC..... WTF?
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Google chrome connects your history and favorites.

Comment

are you logged into Google Now on your phone? or does it automatically connect?
      2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

You know you can opt out of all that stuff, right?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I just couldn't figure out how the phone Google knew what the PC Google was doing. It is a brand new PC, NEVER logged into my gmail account on it, never hooked the phone to it and the Wi-Fi was off.
          On one hand I thought it was cool and convenient. On the other I thought it was unusual that it could do it without me ever logging in. I could see it if I was logged into my gmail account on the PC since the phone is always logged into the account.

And the linking is a bit much. I am a thirties something male so I look at pronz. I have NEVER looked at it on my phone though. I his "S" in the address bar to go to Stangnet and after just hitting the S the phone instantly assumed I wanted to go to Spankwire. LOL
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Unless you specifically take the time to figure out how to either disable or opt out of a lot of the stuff out there, your whole life may be tracked in the "cloud".

"They" (insert overlord of the day here) like it that way....

Comment

The automatic toilets take DNA samples and count how many dumps you take. Be sure to use the outhouse!

In all seriousness, "they" obviously do monitor us through our devices. Yet, such a minimal reaction to this confirmation was made.
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                You know you can opt out of all that stuff, right?
                Keep tellin yourself that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                  This. The feds can even remotely turn on your phone and wireless devices at this point, and the courts have ruled that cell phones are not protected under search and seizure laws, so they can even do that without a warrant. The only way to stop cell phone tracking is for it not to have a battery in it.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    This. The feds can even remotely turn on your phone and wireless devices at this point, and the courts have ruled that cell phones are not protected under search and seizure laws, so they can even do that without a warrant. The only way to stop cell phone tracking is for it not to have a battery in it.

Stevo
                    Yep, wasn't there an issue of cops walking up to cars and while they're talking to you, downloading your contact lists and text messages?
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      It's as simple as not using the Internet.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Teh foil is heavy duty in this thread.

Comment

Comment

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I found out that my phone was tracking me? It marked and routed every place I went and noted how much time I spent there.
                            .....bro....

Comment

OP may need to go back to UofH and take a computer class
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X