Police taze father for trying to rescue son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police taze father for trying to rescue son

I can understand the moral dilemma of the police, but tazing the guy that willing wants to risk his own life to save his son!?!? No one elses life was in danger, and it appears the first responders weren't trying to do a rescue anyway.

On June 2nd, there was a large house fire at Morningview drive, in San Antonio, Texas. 3 children were staying at their grandparents house, when a fire started from an unknown cause. The grandparents managed to rescue 2 children from the house, and accidentally left a nine month old boy.

Shortly thereafter, the father of the children arrived, and immediately attempted to go inside the burning house to rescue his nine month old son. However, police interfered with his will in this life or death situation, and went as far as to tase him for trying to save his own son. He was tased, and sadly, the infant did not make it.

The grandparents managed to grab one boy and rush to safety. That's when they realized one boy was still trapped inside.

Emergency crews and the children's parents arrived on the scene at around that time.

The boy's father tried several times to enter the burning home, but police held him back and ended up tazing him. SAPD said it was for his own safety.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

They had better lock me up before I killed every last mother fucker that stood by and did nothing.
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Tough call...the baby may have already even dead, and the cops may have just saved the father so the family didn't have 2 major losses.

Not near enough info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Not near enough info.
        Do you need to hear the fires side of the story?
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

unreal, freedom, what freedom?
          welcome to the police state
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Do you need to hear the fires side of the story?
            Tazers side would be more beneficial, but the fire helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Tazers side would be more beneficial, but the fire helps.
              zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

No repost police? You guys are slacking.

Posting this since I saw it on Seans FB. And only reason why I'm posting this is because I really DISLIKE the fucking SAPD. Everytime I'm down there for work and watch the news theres always something about them. Here's the sad story :( Video in the link as well: http://intellihub.com/2013/06/06/police-tase-man-for-trying

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  No repost police? You guys are slacking.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...&referrerid=38
                  Son of a!
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Yep repost, sure an uninformed/ignorant person can only see that he is only risking himself. Those of us in the field see the total risk, to include the FF's who will have to save him when he goes down. It takes a TON of resources and manpower to make a rescue. No FF life is worth risking when there is no chance of making a rescue... There are always situational variables. I would have done the same thing as the father myself, but the police did the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                      Yep repost, sure an uninformed/ignorant person can only see that he is only risking himself. Those of us in the field see the total risk, to include the FF's who will have to save him when he goes down. It takes a TON of resources and manpower to make a rescue. No FF life is worth risking when there is no chance of making a rescue... There are always situational variables. I would have done the same thing as the father myself, but the police did the right thing.
                      So, you are calling yourself ignorant? Or are only non-firemen ignorant for wanting to sacrifice everything to save their children?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                      X