Idea for boy's achievements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    You can be a hardcore badass without being a hardcore badass towards your kids.
    Well shit, dude. At one point I was supposed to be the poster child nancy-boy, over-privileged, affluent suburban kid on here (a distant second to DOHCTR, of course), and while I can't speak for ages sub-6 or so, I don't recall a steady stream of rewards at the end of every goal; accomplishing things was just kind of expected. I certainly wasn't left wanting of necessity, or even for some modicum of frivolity, and I bring this up only to reflect the changes in attitudes on here, but incentivization of your kid's life seems like some OG anti-DFMW shit!

OP: not criticizing your parenting or the question, merely observing a rather hysterical shift in attitudes on here.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      Buy a puzzle of Yankee Stadium. Every time he meets a goal give him a piece. When he gets all the pieces and completes the puzzle, take him there...it's what I did and worked great. And we had a great time!
      Originally posted by talisman View Post
      That's pretty damn cool, Dave.
      Didn't they tear that place down?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Hot wheels?
        The boys age would help. I would think something sports related is a good idea. Maybe baseball cards.
        He's 6 at the moment. But like the charm bracelet, hopefully something that will be of meaning as he gets older. I thought about Hot Wheels, but he has so many right now, I don't think they hold value to him

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        Well shit, dude. At one point I was supposed to be the poster child nancy-boy, over-privileged, affluent suburban kid on here (a distant second to DOHCTR, of course), and while I can't speak for ages sub-6 or so, I don't recall a steady stream of rewards at the end of every goal; accomplishing things was just kind of expected. I certainly wasn't left wanting of necessity, or even for some modicum of frivolity, and I bring this up only to reflect the changes in attitudes on here, but incentivization of your kid's life seems like some OG anti-DFMW shit!

OP: not criticizing your parenting or the question, merely observing a rather hysterical shift in attitudes on here.
        These accomplishments take the kids a couple of months to do and do right, so it's not like I'm handing something out for taking out the garbage or other medial chore. It's a task that go beyond just functioning in the household.

Besides, this is DFWM...I expected some grief and drama!
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
        X