AC GUYS in HERE ASAP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC GUYS in HERE ASAP!!!

Hey how much does Labor usually run to install the indoor coil inside the attic? Trying to find out real quick what you think is a decent price.

I had that very thing quoted and it was around $1200. The unit was old and "outdated" therefore we went with an entirely new system.

Comment

Not sure about labor for that, but to give you an idea of what we paid a few months ago-we had to replace the main board, thermostat and coil on the inside unit (it isn't in the attic so it was supposedly cheaper labor) and all said and done it was $900.
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Yeah thats what I Figured. Im just glad we're only paying labor which is still $475

Comment

Jeff, it's hard to separate labor from parts, but we just had one of our home units done earlier this year and the total bill was $1400

Comment

I'll echo the $1200 bit. We had a unit replaced in August a couple of years ago and the poor bastards worked on it in shifts every 30 minutes because it was so hot in the attic. One would be up working and the other resting.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I ordered a complete system off ebay and did the swap myself, it was not that hard. I had buddy who does AC work full time come check it. His name is Norman his number is 817-393-5515 see what he would charge you.

Comment

What is the reason for replacement? Is it freezing up? If it's dirty then clean it. I had a tech come out because mine had froze up. It was a dirty coil. He said he couldn't clean it due to the surface rust it was showing. I grabbed my shop vac, brush, and wire brush and went to town. Now granted it is not as clean as it would be if it was taken out and a hose used on it, but this guy was talking about replacing the whole unit which is 9 years old. Screw that.

I just cleaned my rental property coil and whirl fan again yesterday. It was freezing up due to all the construction dust and dirt. Shit was like a blanket on the coil. Took me a bit but didn't cost me nothing.

just a thought. good luck.

Comment

Nah the coil pack itself is leaking. You can hear it leak and see it dripping out. All the parts are still under warranty thank fucking god so it's just labor. Total is about $600.

We need to have a resident AC guy for DFWM to do all of our houses it seems like.

Comment

Working...
                  X