Suggestions on a newish car with good mpgeees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on a newish car with good mpgeees

Wife needs something that gets better mileage than 21 mpg for her 80 miles a day commute. My immediate suggestion is Honda civic but wanted to see what the board would suggest. Any newer cars (2010-13) to watch out for when looking for a good gas car?

Just took my 5.0 on a 4600 mile roadtrip and it averaged 24.4 mpg.

Comment

Just get her a fucking civic, and if you have kids an accord and be done with it. Good looking, VERY reliable, awesome MPG.

Comment

2005 - 2010 Scion tC. I average 29/30mpg and mine has 133,000 miles on it and I've replaced ONE thing (MAF sensor).

Toyota Camry engine, some frame from Japan, Celica brakes, basically a frankenstein of Toyotas but they work really well together. Plus aside from a TRD edition, they are full optioned from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          2005 - 2010 Scion tC. I average 29/30mpg and mine has 133,000 miles on it and I've replaced ONE thing (MAF sensor).

Toyota Camry engine, some frame from Japan, Celica brakes, basically a frankenstein of Toyotas but they work really well together. Plus aside from a TRD edition, they are full optioned from the factory.
          they are made by toyota, FYI. Its a rebrand.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

About a year ago I read an article that cited the tC as having the most expensive insurance rates out of all cars on the roads.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              About a year ago I read an article that cited the tC as having the most expensive insurance rates out of all cars on the roads.
              probably because most owners are flatbiller douche whistles
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Pick up a solara, same car.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The new Honda Accord. They are rated at 36 mpg hwy but folks have gotten 40 mpg using eco mode. Makes for a much better daily than a small economy car that gets the same mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    probably because most owners are flatbiller douche whistles
                    Thanks Chief, you're a stand up kind of guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      they are made by toyota, FYI. Its a rebrand.
                      Yes, but it uses parts from a lot of their different models. It just works really well. I still can't believe the reliability this car has given me, even if I am a flatbilled douche whistle

Comment

Thanks Chief, you're a stand up kind of guy!
                        that wasn't a comment about you... it was a comment on why their insurance rates are high

Comment

Yes, but it uses parts from a lot of their different models. It just works really well. I still can't believe the reliability this car has given me, even if I am a flatbilled douche whistle
                          That's toyota, period. The xb and xa are reskinned echo's, etc. My wife's highlander has the same engine as your tc.

Hope that doesnt blow your flatbilled hat off.

Comment

wait...

you're actually a flatbiller!?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              wait...

you're actually a flatbiller!?
                              I don't know, I google imaged that and didn't see myself so now I am having an identity crisis.

Comment

Working...
                              X