North Texas Tollway Authority - advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Texas Tollway Authority - advice needed

I sold my truck around April or May; I am digging through stuff right now trying to find a receipt for it. Anyways, I did not take the tags of the truck like I should have, and apparently the guy did not register it in his name within the time he was supposed to. I just got a bill from NTTA saying I have 5 violations for May and July. How do you notify them you don't own the vehicle? I am looking at their site but so far I haven't found anything useful.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am planning to go to the local registration office and talk to them tomorrow.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

You have to call them. I believe you have to show proof of change ownership or go to the Texas registration website and update it there.

I just paid the measly 8 bucks and then updated the change of ownership online.

Comment

What happens if I don't pay the fees? I checked on the DMV website and it shows that the truck was re-titled July 15 (the fees in question are 5/30 and 7/1 of this year). Apparently you have to provide proof you don't own the vehicle which the NTTA site says has to be a sales notification to the DMV.

I fucking hate dishonest people.

Comment

If you ignore it they will charge some fucking outrageous fees on.

Call them. Discuss what happened & see if you can buy some time to find a receipt of sale to prove you sold it.

If you can't find proof, then pay the fines & post his info on here & 4chan!
        sigpic

Comment

Take the bill, wrap it to a brick and throw said brick at your nearest ntta office.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post

Call them. Discuss what happened & see if you can buy some time to find a receipt of sale to prove you sold it.

I have already been digging online for info about this guy.

So far from his cell number I have gotten his full name, the fact he owns a trucking company, the DOT number for the company, and his home address. Oh I will pay the $12 as soon as I verify with the DMV he has finally registered it in his name, but that $12 fuckup is going to piss him off more than me. A certain moving site comes to mind, for starters....

Comment

I have a red light ticket in fort worth from a car I don't own anymore and someone from here bought it lol. I had a friend at a tote your note lot sell it for me and he was supposed to take off the plates and didn't. N9w the person here won't respond to my pm with their address ect for me to have the ticket sent to them. Won't be doing that again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post

You can get out of all that unnecessary bullshit.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  You can get out of all that unnecessary bullshit.
                  How? I will go by the DMV tomorrow and attempt a call with NTTA, but so far what I have read online are not looking good as far as me not being held responsible. Is there something I am overlooking or missing?

Comment

TX DMV Form VTR-346

Always complete this form at the time of sale and send to the DMV. I did so last time and it eliminated my being charged for NTTA tolls run up by the buyer. If the buyer for some reason does not want to fill out their portion and sign it, I would tell them no sale.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      How? I will go by the DMV tomorrow and attempt a call with NTTA, but so far what I have read online are not looking good as far as me not being held responsible. Is there something I am overlooking or missing?
                      I'm talking about the late fees, etc. You have to add that vehicle to your toll tag account. They will remove all the late fees, so all you are left paying is the original tolls. Leave it on there for a month or so, then remove it and send in the paperwork stating you sold the car.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Vehicle Transfer Notification

I have used the online notification link. I also have had a camera ticket from a truck I sold. When you do the online transfer print it. I had to dispute the ticket by filling out a form,then had to pay $5 for a notary.

link: https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/M...ification.aspx

When a Texas-titled vehicle is sold or traded in, the seller needs to notify TxDMV. By completing a Vehicle Transfer Notification you are notifying TxDMV that you have sold a vehicle. When you submit the form a remark will be added to the vehicle record which shows the date you sold the vehicle. This can protect you if the buyer fails to promptly transfer the title.
                        YOU MUST SUBMIT THE VEHICLE TRANSFER NOTIFICATION WITHIN 30 DAYS TO REMOVE LIABILITY
                        If you submit a transfer notification within 30 days of sale, the buyer shown becomes the vehicle's presumed owner and may be subject to criminal or civil liability for parking tickets, toll violations, fines or other penalties that occur after the date of sale.
                        You have three notification options:

Comment

Does the form need to be filled out if the vehicle is totalled but still repairable and the ins co buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Game On View Post
                            I have used the online notification link. I also have had a camera ticket from a truck I sold. When you do the online transfer print it. I had to dispute the ticket by filling out a form,then had to pay $5 for a notary.

link: https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/M...ification.aspx

When a Texas-titled vehicle is sold or traded in, the seller needs to notify TxDMV. By completing a Vehicle Transfer Notification you are notifying TxDMV that you have sold a vehicle. When you submit the form a remark will be added to the vehicle record which shows the date you sold the vehicle. This can protect you if the buyer fails to promptly transfer the title.
                            YOU MUST SUBMIT THE VEHICLE TRANSFER NOTIFICATION WITHIN 30 DAYS TO REMOVE LIABILITY
                            If you submit a transfer notification within 30 days of sale, the buyer shown becomes the vehicle's presumed owner and may be subject to criminal or civil liability for parking tickets, toll violations, fines or other penalties that occur after the date of sale.
                            You have three notification options:
                            Unfortunately I am learning all this now as I have really only ever had one other vehicle prior to this year I sold outside of a dealership. It is some bullshit I can be held liable for selling a vehicle. This guy that decided not to register it is pissing me the fuck off.

Comment

If you can't find the receipt, you are fucked. Just pay it, notify them and move on. I had it happen three times now. I started taking the plates off my cars when I sell them. Fuck the new buyer.

Comment

Working...
                              X