20 yrs old, had a siezure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 yrs old, had a siezure

Came straight out of nowhere. My room mate was giving me a fade when all of a sudden everything turned black and I dropped to the ground. He told me I was shaking for about 5-10 seconds and then immediately snapped out of it. This is the first time it has happened and totally scared the shit out of me. Going in for an MRI and labs tomorrow. Anyone else have experience with seizures?
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Fade as in the haircut or fade as when you hyperventilate and someone chokes off your blood supply?

I hope it was the haircut...

Comment

Were you listening to the Harlem shake song?

On a serious note, that does suck. Luckily I haven't had a seizure.

Comment

dude.... you trying to get out of the army? i hope it doesnt happen again

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Weird medical stuff happens man. I had a heart attack at 19. Doctors said the reason was "inconclusive". They told me I had to be on cocaine and drilled me in the ER about how much I was on, and I have never touched the stuff or any illegal stimulant.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Just out of curiosity.....what does your hair look like after all that?

Comment

Comment

Bummer. Have fun not being able to drive for 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Bummer. Have fun not being able to drive for 6 months.
                  Not after 1 small seizure.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    I knew a kid that had a seizure for the first time and had his LC pulled and couldn't drive for 6 months here in Texas. I think it just depends on the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                      I knew a kid that had a seizure for the first time and had his LC pulled and couldn't drive for 6 months here in Texas. I think it just depends on the situation.
                      It depends on the doctor and the cause. I have a friend who has them and I damn near threw a woman's cell phone across a lecture hall at TCU to keep from calling 911 so he didn't lose his license for 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

From my experience with one of my employees, 1 seizure = you better not get caught behind the wheel for 6 months. I don't really know how to define it as "small" however.

Comment

had his LC pulled and couldn't drive for 6 months here in Texas.
                          Like that's ever stopped anyone.

OP, hope you get through it man. Stay up mah cracka!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Like that's ever stopped anyone.

OP, hope you get through it man. Stay up mah cracka!

Stopped my employee. 1 month after he got it back, he had another one, and was pissed that it was another 6 months again. Just was able to start driving again about 2 months ago.

Comment

That's wild. My sister used to have severe ones often (probably 15 or so over the course of 2-3 years) and it took several times before they finally yanked her license. She never had one driving, thankfully.

I work with a guy who had a few (including one on the shitter at work) and his didn't get yanked until he totalled his truck running it off the highway and through several people's fences.

Comment

Working...
                              X