Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are deer sightings common on 45 to/from Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i make that drive 1-2 times a month. while i certainly have seen them, i cant say it is every trip. i can say i see dead ones on the shoulder EVERY trip though. so, someone is certainly seeing/hitting them more than they care to.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

My daughters race BMX, so we are in the Houston area almost once a month. We see them the most, right around Centerville on the banking. As it gets cooler there will be 10- 25 at time.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
        My daughters race BMX, so we are in the Houston area almost once a month. We see them the most, right around Centerville on the banking. As it gets cooler there will be 10- 25 at time.
        yall go to pearland?

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I've been going to Houston and San Leon frequently and haven't seen deer. maybe because I look at the road when I drive. There are plenty of areas next to 45 that are packed with deer so no reason not to see them. I've seen plenty off business 121 near lake Lewisville..

btw it's less shocking when you consider deer's cause over a billion dollars in vehicle damage every year.
          Last edited by MustangPoser; 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            yall go to pearland?

god bless.
            Yes the team we ride for is based in Pearland, well Alvin now but track is still called Pearland. Will be there next month for state finals.

Comment

It's way worse on 6 than 45. I can promise you that.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                It's way worse on 6 than 45. I can promise you that.
                I used to drive from College Station to Waco some, and I agree.

Comment

Early last spring I saw a small deer at the Ovilla Rd/I35sb exit on the border of Red Oak/Glenn Heights while riding my bike....it took off down the service rd and ran into the field before I could stop and get a better look. I was shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                    I've been going to Houston and San Leon frequently and haven't seen deer. maybe because I look at the road when I drive.
                    So do I, but when your HID beam cutoff lights up more than the just the road and they're literally 10+ of them standing right next to the shoulder....It kinds catches your attention and alerts the hell out of you.

BTW, you shouldn't stare directly at the road in front of you when driving. That's how you end up in an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                      So do I, but when your HID beam cutoff lights up more than the just the road and they're literally 10+ of them standing right next to the shoulder....It kinds catches your attention and alerts the hell out of you.

BTW, you shouldn't stare directly at the road in front of you when driving. That's how you end up in an accident.
                      I was jk because I'm bitter I've never seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                        I was jk because I'm bitter I've never seen them.

Comment

Working...
                        X