Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are deer sightings common on 45 to/from Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are deer sightings common on 45 to/from Houston?

I have family down there so I've gone many times but this was a first. I was coming home last night and for a few miles after Madisonville I saw several groups near the grassy part by the shoulder. I was cringing just hoping one didn't cross in front of me . Thankfully nothing but it was worrisome to say the least.

Recent "cool" snap has them moving around a bit.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

They're out on the side of 820 by Lake Worth and off the exits like crazy. Usually, they stay away from the highway.

Comment

i have seen them on I45 i did the same thing as you.

Comment

Certain times of the year, yes. Twice over the years, my sis hit a deer on I45. Once was "minor", the other time involved calling a tow truck. She makes that round-trip drive every week flying with Southwest out of Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            I have family down there so I've gone many times but this was a first. I was coming home last night and for a few miles after Madisonville I saw several groups near the grassy part by the shoulder. I was cringing just hoping one didn't cross in front of me . Thankfully nothing but it was worrisome to say the least.
            They are especially active around madisonville, from what I have seen. My grandma lived there forever.

Comment

They are attracted to the lights of Buccee's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                So am I, unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  So am I, unfortunately
                  My pregnant wife thinks that buccee's is her mecca,

Comment

Sounds like some people on here don't leave the city limits near often enough.

Comment

I've seen deer on I45 a few times. Mostly closer to Huntsville but see no reason not to see them for almost the entire distance from Dallas to Houston.

Comment

I make the Dallas to Houston drive all the time, but I don't ever recall seeing any deer! I know exactly where that Buc-ees is too, I stop almost every time!

Comment

I don't know but I saw hogs in broad daylight around a stock pond near the highway a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                            LOL I actually stopped there on the way home for the first time.

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                            Sounds like some people on here don't leave the city limits near often enough.

I tend to travel a bit to Houston and San Antonio to see family. I guess I just wasn't "lucky" enough to see them at any point in time on my prior trips.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                              LOL I actually stopped there on the way home for the first time.

I tend to travel a bit to Houston and San Antonio to see family. I guess I just wasn't "lucky" enough to see them at any point in time on my prior trips.

I was kidding to a point...

The right time of day anywhere past civilization (major highway or not) you are going to see deer.

Biggest deer I have ever killed by a large margin during my not-so awesome hunting career thus far was with the front bumper of my old F-350.

Comment

Working...
                              X