Readers-in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Readers-in here

Just found out about a great email subscription service where you can get free and discounted books. When you sign up, you choose the genres, sites (Amazon, B&N, Apple, etc) to choose from and several other settings to target the readings you are most interested in.

It will then populate a list and email you once daily on the current deals, what site they are on, how much they are and the link to purchase them. It's awesome and there have been some fantastic books!

It's www.bookbub.com. I highly suggest it!

Just received today's list and thought I'd give you a sampling (this list, of course, is based off of my preference settings-results will vary) ...

Today's Deals

Sea Monster's First Day
    By Kate Messner & Andy Rash

If you think that school is hard, just try being a sea monster like Ernest! But this little monster discovers that learning is tons of fun in this light-hearted picture book. "A splashy story" (Publishers Weekly) filled with "genuine enthusiasm and humor" (School Library Journal)

$1.99
    Originally: $12.99

Get Deal:
    Amazon Apple Barnes & Noble Google Kobo
    Deal ends: 8/31/13
    Category: Children's and Middle Grade

The Other Side of the Ice
    By Sprague Theobald & Allan Kreda

In this courageous true story, a divorced father takes his adult children on an impossible journey through the treacherous waters of the Northwest Passage. Join this family as they battle the elements and form life-long bonds. “A thrilling voyage” (Booklist)

Free!
    Originally: $9.94

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Deal ends: 8/21/13
    Category: General Nonfiction

Dreams and Shadows
    By C. Robert Cargill

A “mesmerizing and highly original” novel (Kirkus Reviews) perfect for fans of Neil Gaiman. As a child, Colby was banished from a magical kingdom. Years later, the realms blur when he comes in contact with Ewan, the fairy he fought to protect

$1.99
    Originally: $7.99

Get Deal:
    Deal ends: 8/31/13
    Category: Fantasy

Rough Draft
    By Michael Robertson Jr.

What happens when three of the world’s best horror writers are trapped in their own terrifying story? When Robert and two other authors are threatened — they retreat to a mountain cabin for safety. But they’re not alone…

Free!
    Originally: $2.99

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Deal ends: 8/21/13
    Category: Horror

The Dead Boy's Legacy
    By Cassius Shuman

This stunning novel follows the emotional aftermath of a child abduction — from the victim’s parents to the abductor himself. A unique, lyrical novel filled with heartbreak and unlikely hope

$0.99

Get Deal:
    Amazon Apple Barnes & Noble
    Deal ends: 8/19/13
    Category: Literary Fiction

Dreams of Eli
    By Van Heerling

Confederate trooper Eli and black Union soldier Ezra were once the best of friends. Now they’re reunited, but in the worst way imaginable — in the crosshairs of a bloody and thankless war… A poignant, soulful piece of historical fiction

Free!
    Originally: $3.49

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Deal ends: 8/20/13
    Category: Historical Fiction

Sendero
    By Max Tomlinson

As a child, Nina lost her entire family to war. More than 20 years later, she is shocked to discover that her brother may still be alive. Can she navigate Peru’s treacherous underworld to find him? “Churning with suspense” (Kirkus Reviews)

$0.99
    Originally: $3.99

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Deal ends: 8/19/13
    Category: Thrillers

Mayan Interface
    By Wim Coleman & Pat Perrin

Expert translator Lydia Rosenstrom — working with an archaeological team in Yucatan — is sucked into an action-packed adventure of Mayan prophecy and modern conspiracy in this edge-of-your-seat thriller

Free!

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Deal ends: 8/23/13
    Category: Thrillers

Money Land
    By R.S. Guthrie

When a plane ferrying money smashes into a remote Wyoming mountain, a small town is set upon by criminals. But they didn't account for Sheriff James Pruett, who will do anything to save his town

$0.99
    Originally: $3.99

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Category: Mysteries

Out of the Shadow
    By J K Winn

Becca was looking for a new start. But with three strange men in her life and a killer still on the loose, she must piece together the mystery of her past before it catches up to her. “A dynamic, thrilling read” (Kirkus Reviews)

Free!
    Originally: $0.99

Get Deal:
    Amazon
    Category: Mysteries

Sleeping Murder
    By Agatha Christie

From the bestselling novelist of all time comes a perfect mystery! Beloved amateur detective Miss Marple — at her "kindly best" (Kirkus Reviews) — helps newlywed Gwenda dig up the murderous history of her new house

$2.99
    Originally: $6.99

Get Deal:
    Deal ends: Unknown
    Category: Bestsellers
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Tl:dr

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      Tl:dr

You are obviously NOT my target audience.
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
        www.bookbub.com

You are obviously NOT my target audience.
        leah, if we couldnt read, we* wouldnt be on a fucking website that isnt just full of pictures.

*lincoln boy excluded.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

A teacher hooked me up with book bub. Pretty great stuff for free and almost free. My Kindle has a year's worth of reading on it now.

Comment

Working...
          X